Thread: Noob tuning help......torqstorm lm7

Tuner in Training

Noob tuning help......torqstorm lm7

Posting up my tune, log file, and config.
    Having trouble and open to suggestions on commanded AFR, adjusting actual AFR, timing etc. Little unclear as to how I pull fuel out, add, and where to actually pull it from as the is PE, BE, and VE.
    Specs on vehicle are as follows: LM7 with stock 862 heads and gapped rings, E Fans, 2 BAR MAP #12615136 (I'm at sea level in Savannah, GA), truck intake, shorty headers with offroad Y pipe and no cats, 80 MM TB, Deka 80's, fuel pressure at 60#, TSP 212/218 .600/.600 cam kit , 2300 TB stall, Torqstorm Supercharger through air to air intercooler, Walbro 450, currently using factory FP Regulator (have Aeromotive boost referenced FPR, aftermarket rails, and Snow Stage 1 but have not installed yet).
    I believe that about covers it. Any and all help is appreciated. Again completely new and have been reading and reading, but a little lost. Thanks in advance!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

PE and BE are set and forget tables. Those are your targets and you need to make the fueling match the targets. On a speed density application the fueling is control by the airflow model, which is the VE. The higher the VE is the more fuel it adds. There are so specifics as to what the numbers will be but that is how it works. If you had to remove 5% worth of fuel from a given area in the VE table, you select that area and do multiply by .95. Adding 5% would be x1.05.

If you use a wideband error against the commanded lambda or AFR it will fast track the corrections as you can copy paste then smooth the corrections to the VE.

Remove the standard 1 bar MAP channel, you only want the 2 bar channel there so it doesn't skew the charts/graphs readings. Add knock retard, cylinder airmass to your logs.

A general rule of thumb is 11.5 AFR for boost, some can like it richer and some a little leaner depending on the fuel you are using. The more timing you add to make fuel it might take to keep knock away, at a certain point the additional timing stops making worthwhile horsepower.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply and info.
    How do I properly set up the error chart? I am using my EGR as my wideband signal and have it calibrated correctly. I have tried using and doing various searches, however the values aren't figuring up correctly.
    I am currently using this math ([2811.10]/.5+10-[50121])/[50121]*100. 2811.10 is my EGR and 50121 being my commanded. I have this figured for percent. I have also seen this parameter as well.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can youtube the Wideband EGR Hp Tuners video by Ed Mowton, I believe he shows how to set it up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Use this equation for AFR error. 100*((([2811.10]/.5)+10-[50121])/[50121]) Also make sure to sure to copy your column and row labels into the histo.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you!