Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C6Z Big Cam Tune Review

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    unfortunately not
    Bummer.

Well, I'll start with the tables Kfred provided me and tweak from there. I compared my stock files to the file I posted and the tuner did adjust the Boundary and EOIT in one of the Normal tables (can't recall if it's EOT or RPM and I'm at work so I can't check my tune files). So there was some work done to it but probably not as much as there could be to get it as close to 100% as possible.

I'll tweak what I can and report back with the results. I'll monitor my instant fuel economy on the same, flat, stretch of highway to see if I can eek out anymore fuel economy down low in the RPM band.

Still having trouble correlating the spreadsheet values to how Kfred got his values, I think I just need to sit down with the spreadsheet on one monitor and my tables on another with a coffee in hand and let it soak in for a bit.

Take a good long look at the first page of your spreadsheet labeled DOCs. It explains your desired goal. Once you understand the goal it will be easier to see the way to get there and my post will make a lot more sense.
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

Potential Tuner
    I'd really like to do this but I don't have the advertised duration for my cam. Its a TSP VVT-2 for L99 the cam card and their website list it as a 227/239, .629"/.629", 113 LSA. My car bucks pretty hard at low RPM's when its cold and I suspect this is part of the issue as my injection timing tables are untouched. It also has a LSA SC on it as well.
    Last edited by RockSS; 09-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSS View Post
    I'd really like to do this but I don't have the advertised duration for my cam. Its a TSP VVT-2 for L99 the cam card and their website list it as a 227/239, .629"/.629", 113 LSA. My car bucks pretty hard at low RPM's when its cold and I suspect this is part of the issue as my injection timing tables are untouched. It also has a LSA SC on it as well.
    Try emailing them to ask for the specs you need. Worth a shot. Mine is still off when the coolant is below operating temp. i need to play with it more because i have the same issue as you at lower ECT levels.
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

Tuner in Training
    They should be able to give you the specs you need by email or over the phone.
    They did this for me with my vvt 1.2 cam.

Tuner in Training
    If I had to guess, I would guess it?s going to be around 277/289.

Potential Tuner
    Finally got some time to play with it, I was able to fine tune the starting tables you provided me down to the following:

C6Z EOIT and Boundary Tables.png

Seems to run very well without any surging if I'm on throttle (i.e. TPS >20%). If there's no load on the car and I tip in partial throttle it will still surge but I expect this - this is how the car ran before as well. However, I think I have it back to functioning as it did before - if not better. The car seems to have no surge with any load on it whatsoever.

Senior Tuner
    just remember the rpm table what ever is in the last cell stays for all rpm above, also ur not delaying injection using the rpm table those numbers advance injection, ect and rpm table add to the degrees before boundary (advancing eoit) but the boundary numbers adding to them delays eoit

happy to see the changes made improvements.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by J-CUE View Post
    If I had to guess, I would guess it?s going to be around 277/289.
    The L99 VVT 2.2 ended up being a 280/284 for anyone that may need them in the future. Talked to them this past weekend at the LSFest. Good bunch to deal with.
    2010 Camaro SS A6
    TSP 2" Headers, LSA conversion 2.5 pulley, DW 65lb injectors, ZL1 pump and FPCM, TSP VVT 2.2 Cam, JLT CAI

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfred 513 View Post
    Running the calculator and getting your tables set is probably more than most people do. It may not be perfect but it will get you in the ballpark and probably get rid of your issues.
    Kfred,
    I am also in Vegas. I have a 12 Z with same setup as yours. I have been adjusting the timing like you but using 07gts's method using the boundary. I still have some low rpm hitching and am asking if you would post your injector timing and ignition timing info for comparison. Thanks in advance :-)