Thread: 2011 GT500, MAF pegs at 4500 rpm with JLT 123 mm?

Advanced Tuner

2011 GT500, MAF pegs at 4500 rpm with JLT 123 mm?

Somewhat modified 2011 GT500, E85, JLT 123mm, headers, 5.8 supercharger, FRPP 2x58, smaller pulley, bigger injectors, tune encrypted and not by me.

Is it really normal that JLT 123 pegs that soon?

41 ek t?yskaasuveto.hpl

01 luettu autosta.hpt

Senior Tuner
    4500rpm, 86.68lb/min. is just a scanner channel display limit.
    Your ECU hits the airflow limit at 5700. Give away is when STFTs and WB shoot up at that same point. 275% load is near 30lbs of boost, what is your pulley setup normally expected to make? Looks like an over inflated MAF values because of insufficient fuel pressure. What fuel system do you have?

What is the person tuning it telling you to do, and why are you seeking a second opinion?

2011 GT500.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    4500rpm, 86.68lb/min. is just a scanner channel display limit.
    Your ECU hits the airflow limit at 5700. Give away is when STFTs and WB shoot up at that same point. 275% load is near 30lbs of boost, what is your pulley setup normally expected to make? Looks like an over inflated MAF values because of insufficient fuel pressure. What fuel system do you have?

What is the person tuning it telling you to do, and why are you seeking a second opinion?
    This is a vehicle that has imported to EU and no history of car is available.

Nobody knows who did the tuning.

It had a bad O2 sensor, perhaps because it had (at least one of more) tank full of normal gasoline and running very very rich.

We replaced O2 sensor and did some dyno runs and I thought it must be an E85 vehicle. Also, injector codes are unknown (= no GT500 Ford injectors, so something else).

Again, since the tune is encrypted, I cannot know for sure.

I don't know what is the exact pulley setup, but it is surely quite smaller than stock.

30 lb boost sounds like a lot...must be some sort of scaling thing with the tune, even with 5.8 blower I guess?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Oh, sorry, my main question is:

JLT 123 mm intake should be be ok with GT500 with rather typical mods (smaller pulley, FRPP 2x65 ETC and headers), right? So no MAF pegging with that setup?

smallest pulley fit the 5.8 supercharger is 2.4 and 123mm intake capable of 750 whp. over these number need to swap for bigger intake tube like 148mm
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    The JLT 123 should be okay. With a TVS supercharger (5.8) and a 2.6? pulley you should be looking at around 16-18lbs. I have a 2.5 pulley on mine with 5.8 (52lb) injectors and I?m pretty much maxed out. Without a Boost a Pump setup, you may not be getting enough fuel to run e85. That may be the real issue. Mine normally pulls mid 80s on the MAF too but doesn?t flat out at the top like yours.