Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mustang Coyote OS Change to Roush OS

Tuner in Training

2017 Mustang Coyote OS Change to Roush OS

Hi Folks:

I will like to know if a possibility to change the current operating system to use the one used by the Roush guys. I will like to know doing this, if I don't brick the computer or other problem can overcome.

I attached the one that I want to convert 2017-GT(Stock) to a Roush Operating system. The car has headers, procharger SC , ID1050x and the provide BAP for the fuel pumps.

Thanks a lot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Why are you wanting to swap? Imo the roush os isn't that special.

Tuner
    As long as it's the same year and transmission it should be OK. In know people at HPT prefer the Roush OS over the Whipple.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Hextall! I will go that way..

Advanced Tuner
    what is exactly involed in a OS swap? ive seen it mentioned but not how to do it or anything. im just curious
    Last edited by Bill88stang; 09-04-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    what is exactly involed in a OS swap? ive seen it mentioned but not how to do it or anything. im just curious
    It's not hard to do, it just costs 6 credits.

Advanced Tuner
    are there any benefits? wondering how you go about doing it in the editor, and better yet why. ive only been at this a few months so I still have a lot to learn

Advanced Tuner
    I'm interested as well, How is it done? What are the benefits? What years does it work for? what is needed to do so?

Advanced Tuner
    Some strategies have more or less useful parameters than others in HPT and some have more or less channels available in the scanner.

I think the 6 credits are spent
    2 credits for your current file
    2 credits to license new file
    2 credits after it's been flashed.

I'd swap strategies for IAT 2. I'll need it when I add boost

What is the exact procedure to do a Roush OS swap ?

Base is a 2017 GT FPGP6RS and I Installed a roush stage 1 from a wrecked car , I have not the roush software so my best is to swap the OS .

How i have to pay for the current file ? I cant just open the roush file , license , flash and re-license the new file ?

And if someone have a Roush stage 1 file to share, not sure the roush 727 manual will be accurate for my setup .

Thanks !

Tuner
    on my 18 with Roush it only uses map points 1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 18f1505.0roush View Post
    on my 18 with Roush it only uses map points 1-6
    I'm sure the 18 have a different strategy than a 17.

Tuner in Training
    Why don't you just compare both files and change what you want and/or what makes sense? Looking at them both in compare mode, there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference....other than the Roush being setup to make a ton more power.

Quote Originally Posted by caledbwlch View Post
    Why don't you just compare both files and change what you want and/or what makes sense? Looking at them both in compare mode, there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference....other than the Roush being setup to make a ton more power.
    Because I don't have a 2017 stage 1 roush file manual trans to compare anyway . Spark and torque table of the 670 and the 727 would probably not be the same. There is a lot of Gray section between the two so compare mode is not possible.
    Last edited by Alex5.0; 05-15-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Tuner
    Here is a 2016 Roush phase 1 from Auto F150. Hope it helps

KTDV0C4 Roush Phase1 F150 5.0.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Here is a 2016 Roush phase 1 from Auto F150. Hope it helps

KTDV0C4 Roush Phase1 F150 5.0.hpt
    Thanks , forgot to specify its a Mustang .

Tuner in Training
    Roush 2015 Phase 1 tune. Should be the same for 2015-2017 Mustang GTs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't recommend to change to a Roush OS, If you use the factory OS you have much more parameters for adjustment. Roush, whipple or Ford Racing OS comes only with a few parameters. The better way is the factory OS. You can get the engine running very smooth and better drive ability. However, you need to know how engines running and what parameter adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I don't recommend to change to a Roush OS, If you use the factory OS you have much more parameters for adjustment. Roush, whipple or Ford Racing OS comes only with a few parameters. The better way is the factory OS. You can get the engine running very smooth and better drive ability. However, you need to know how engines running and what parameter adjust.

What parameters are available in the factory strategy and are missing in Roush / Ford Racing OS?

Im very familiar with SCT . So the roush/Whipple are like the crate engine strategy , lot less section , I thought it was activate different parameter .