Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Mustang Coyote OS Change to Roush OS

those gray box are there in both OS , have the same ECM number but seems not compatible. have to open the compare tune in a separate software and then I can have the difference .

UntitledHPT.jpg

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I don't recommend to change to a Roush OS, If you use the factory OS you have much more parameters for adjustment. Roush, whipple or Ford Racing OS comes only with a few parameters. The better way is the factory OS. You can get the engine running very smooth and better drive ability. However, you need to know how engines running and what parameter adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    What parameters are available in the factory strategy and are missing in Roush / Ford Racing OS?
    They aren’t “missing.” They haven’t been mapped into HP Tuners interface software.
    Engine Development - Roush/Ford ELD

Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    They aren’t “missing.” They haven’t been mapped into HP Tuners interface software.

AKA "Missing".

It's not a permanent thing. Just message support with the strategy and missing parameters and they generally do well to add them quickly.

for Auto-Hentzschel to say "Roush, whipple or Ford Racing OS comes only with a few parameters." is not true in the slightest.

It was time consuming but i did not be able to have the car running smooth by merge the roush tune on the GT OS . Throttle was acting very sensitive , and hit the P061B code as soon I did go over 40% throttle .

I Flash the Roush OS , boom ! like a charm . Just have a Diff Temp Overheating message on the cluster and car doesn't have this feature .

Tuner in Training
    i also tried to copy Roush tune to F150 OS and got p061B as well and wont stay running. My guess is it has to do with the MAP sensor and ACT sensor that connects to the IMRC's. The code for this has be written into the roush os and is not visible via compare files.
    Last edited by ishyne22; 04-30-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Best tune in the world

I have a 2016 GT w/ Roush 727 kit and with the only engine changes being ID1050X, Return Style, no cats. You can try my street tune, it's the stock strat (NOT ROUSH)with a 6R80. The speed density tables are calibrated from an AEM MAP for an 85mm Pulley (8lbs boost) on 91 octane, shifts at 7400-7600. All you should have to do is put your injector info in. PM Me if you think you want to try to copy mine.