Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge srt8 pcm update from jeep

Tuner in Training

Dodge srt8 pcm update from jeep

I tuned my pcm and now due to the cruise control pcm update i cannot read my pcm. Anyone had this issue.
    Its a 2014 model gpec pcm.
    Last edited by Jase1307; 09-01-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Also have found that half the channels to log are gone

Advanced Tuner
    I had this happen last week on a customers 2014 Charger we did a Whipple on. Dealer updated the PCM...it obviously wouldn't start after that. I tried to just to flash it with the last tune I had put in it but the OS was different. I read out the new OS tune, changed everything and reflashed it. Even though the OS was different I didn't have to buy additional credits. I didn't have any problem reading the new OS tune.

As far as the channels, try connecting to the vehicle and repoll for parameters.

Tuner in Training
    My problem is when i try to read the file it reads it but wont let me save it or modify it.
    I also tryed to co?necting to vehicle and repolling the scanner but nothing comes up then whats set

Quote Originally Posted by Jase1307 View Post
    I tuned my pcm and now due to the cruise control pcm update i cannot read my pcm. Anyone had this issue.
    Its a 2014 model gpec pcm.
    Yes ,
    Same happened to me , mines a boosted Srt8 GC 2016
    Ran like a pig with no enrichment after the flash and a ESP light came up , I tried to read the pcm to see what they did , no good at all and the scanner had only a few channels ,,, I eventually fitted another PCM i had and the car ran as normal
    However I have had the ESP light come up several times ( it resets when turned off ) I had a friend at a dealership do a read of the other systems .
    It came up with a fault to do with the brake booster vac parameter out of spec , I figured it was something to do with the reflash so I have since fitted a one way check valve before the sensor to see if that helped ,
    Keep you posted on the result

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Pitsch View Post
    Yes ,
    Same happened to me , mines a boosted Srt8 GC 2016
    Ran like a pig with no enrichment after the flash and a ESP light came up , I tried to read the pcm to see what they did , no good at all and the scanner had only a few channels ,,, I eventually fitted another PCM i had and the car ran as normal
    However I have had the ESP light come up several times ( it resets when turned off ) I had a friend at a dealership do a read of the other systems .
    It came up with a fault to do with the brake booster vac parameter out of spec , I figured it was something to do with the reflash so I have since fitted a one way check valve before the sensor to see if that helped ,
    Keep you posted on the result

Result nope the esp light still comes up when its in boost they have done something further than the PCM
    Also when the esp light comes on the idle has a surge to it which is annoying , Im going to try disabling the etc comms see if that helps

Tuner in Training
    Fixed this issue with the beta version. Read n write the pcm

Hi Jas , I had the same result with the latest beta loaded ok ,
    But I still have a esp light that comes up when it gets boost , something is still wrong it seems
    Have you any experience with this problem
    Cheers

Jay
    I have had the same experience its working as it should ..
    However Mines boosted and currently I have a esp light that comes up when it gets significant boost probably 5 psi up , then there is some odd behaviour around idle and on and off the throttle ,
    Have you had any of these symptoms ?
    Nige

Tuner in Training
    Hey Nige. Put up a log and a file and ill have a look if ya want.

recurrent esp light with jeep reflash

Hey Nige. Put up a log and a file and ill have a look if ya want.
    Hi Jase,
    No codes come up under the PCM or TCM with either the HP of on the cars inbuilt code access , the only code is in the antilock braking system and it says fault
    C1082-02 which is vacuum sensor general failure ( i have replaced it so its fine )
    Until it hits some 4 or 5 psi boost its quite normal , then it brings up the esp light and the errant behaviour begins, this all began when it had its jeep safety recall and a reflash to do with cruise control etc
    I have 2 x PCMs one was reflashed with the jeep safety recall and is calibrated with the current beta HP and the other predates the recall both have the same behavior
    It problem began from the moment I picked it up from jeep after the safety recall prior to that it was fine ,
    I have sent files to HP and am awaiting their reply , so far I can't find anybody else who has this problem and Im a bit stumped , perhaps everybody else is smart enough to not get the safety recall flash ???

Tuner in Training
    Alot of people and customers have had issues with the update. Some even had major issues with the tranmission not shifting. They really stuffed up. When i checked the dtcs we got 10 codes and i went to jeep and told them the codes werent there till the update. They plugged there scanner in and the date of the codes were the day of the update.
    Some were canbus issues some were pcm issues. Im still waiting to hear back from jeep.
    There was a dtc to do with antilock brake communication error too. They wiped it and it doesnt come up. We havent had an issue with it.
    Maybe go to jeep to read and print your dtcs and there dates see if they pick up any different to hp. I bet theres a couple to do with antilock brake communication error. Its a patch fix i think from jeep which has caused more headaches.
    Last edited by Jase1307; 10-08-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you trying to clear the DTC's with HPT or some sort of aftermarket scanner?

Tuner in Training
    Nah when i log with HPT a few dtcs come up. But at jeep there were new ones that didnt. The pcm update from jeep can only be read using the latest beta.
    The pcm update have caused communication errors with abs and transmission.

Advanced Tuner
    It might not be related, but anytime I upload a tune on my 2015 challenger I always get an ABS DTC which clears away after driving the car for a couple of miles.

Here is the post ( (I was using the current beta editor at the time)):
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post526028
    Last edited by Homer; 10-10-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Tuner
    My 2014 Cherokee 3.2L had the U63 Cruise Control Recall, after that I could no longer read/write the PCM. Using the beta version of HP tuners solved the problem. It appears the dealer is installing a newer operating system after my particular recall.

Alot of people and customers have had issues with the update. Some even had major issues with the tranmission not shifting. They really stuffed up. When i checked the dtcs we got 10 codes and i went to jeep and told them the codes werent there till the update. They plugged there scanner in and the date of the codes were the day of the update.
    Some were canbus issues some were pcm issues. Im still waiting to hear back from jeep.
    There was a dtc to do with antilock brake communication error too. They wiped it and it doesnt come up. We havent had an issue with it.
    Maybe go to jeep to read and print your dtcs and there dates see if they pick up any different to hp. I bet theres a couple to do with antilock brake communication error. Its a patch fix i think from jeep which has caused more headaches.
    Jas
    The latest beta fixed the esp problem and its associated behaviour so thanks to them its good now !

Tuner in Training
    I have same problem with esp light on my srt8 gc 2014 ripp chargere and I have not any ideas for fix it.
    Alex

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Pitsch View Post
    Hi Jase,
    No codes come up under the PCM or TCM with either the HP of on the cars inbuilt code access , the only code is in the antilock braking system and it says fault
    C1082-02 which is vacuum sensor general failure ( i have replaced it so its fine )
    Until it hits some 4 or 5 psi boost its quite normal , then it brings up the esp light and the errant behaviour begins, this all began when it had its jeep safety recall and a reflash to do with cruise control etc
    I have 2 x PCMs one was reflashed with the jeep safety recall and is calibrated with the current beta HP and the other predates the recall both have the same behavior
    It problem began from the moment I picked it up from jeep after the safety recall prior to that it was fine ,
    I have sent files to HP and am awaiting their reply , so far I can't find anybody else who has this problem and Im a bit stumped , perhaps everybody else is smart enough to not get the safety recall flash ???
    I have same problem with esp light on my srt8 gc 2014 ripp chargere and I have not any ideas for fix it.
    Alex

Tuner in Training
    We fixed this issue with the beta version. Which are you using.
    Did you have this issue before the update or after a tune