Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 shift limited to 7400

Tuner in Training
    I also have a 2018 Mustang GT A10 Euro spec and it shifts at around 7200 in normal mode and about 7400 in Sports/Track mode. This is still on the stock tune. Perhaps Euro spec cars for different countries have different tunes?

How about the "[ECM] 9690 - Trans WOT Shift RPM vs. Shift ID vs. Gear" I set them all the same for all the modes. I get 7800rpm shifts no problem.

Tuner in Training
    I have 9690 set to 7500 in all modes. The last log it was still hitting engine rpm limit but I do not have a log after changing the high pressure pump rpm limit. My friend who I am tuning for said it is shifting at 7500 and he does not feel it limiting during the shift. I will update once I have the car back. I appreciate all the replies.

Tuner in Training
    @veefour

Here's my stock tune. We have the Eurospec GT here in Taiwan too. I noticed some differences between your stock file and mine. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cosmetic changes - thanks anyway.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Cosmetic changes - thanks anyway.
    Transmission>General>Limits>Trans IPC Element RPM Limit

Still learning the ins and outs of but this doesn't look like a cosmetic change.... correct me if I'm wrong?

This is very cosmetic and has nothing to do with this problem.

Those tables sets max RPM for given element or gear. I have no problem with up-shifting @7900 rpm using paddle shifting - my shift schedule is not responding to changes.

I still believe it has something to do with torque limit that was breached ergo, it short-shifts no matter what you do. I tried everything, every setting even GPF stuff but to no avail.

It shifts just fine using paddles but will short shift on programmed schedule - always around 6500 so there must be something that commands that 6500 rpm, a hidden table of some sort.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I think your theory of a hidden table (not defined yet) might be correct given that the only differences between our maps are cosmetic and mine shifts at 7400

Tuner in Training
    Did anyone have a breakthrough regarding the shift schedule? I've tried everything also and still can't get it to shift past 7400 rpm which is what it was shifting at in stock tune...

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsequitur View Post
    Did anyone have a breakthrough regarding the shift schedule? I've tried everything also and still can't get it to shift past 7400 rpm which is what it was shifting at in stock tune...
    We already know what is causing it - it's now up to HPT to solve it.

Advanced Tuner
    We already know what is causing it - it's now up to HPT to solve it.
    The planetary RPM limits have already been defined, max them out to prevent any shifting issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    The planetary RPM limits have already been defined, max them out to prevent any shifting issues
    We are battling with EURO calibration which is a bit different. It's more complicated - I had those limits raised at the beginning.

Tuner in Training
    I turned off RPM Anticipated shifts and now it's shifting like a champ @ 7800....

Tuner in Training
    That is not a good solution...
    Since this is the only solution I found so far, could you please clarify as to why this is not a good (temporary?) solution?

Because your PCM would no longer care about RPM for trans - everything will be based on OSS which is quite risky.

We already had 2 granaded 10R80's in the shop - this trans is not that strong as as 6R80.

Tuner in Training
    Because your PCM would no longer care about RPM for trans - everything will be based on OSS which is quite risky.

We already had 2 granaded 10R80's in the shop - this trans is not that strong as as 6R80.
    Ok, I see your point....

Advanced Tuner
    Why do people want to rev so high with a 10R80? With a 10 speed, the gap isn't far between gears so it's not like you're losing a lot of RPM. In fact it's worse on the engine because if you make it shift way higher, then with the 10speed it stays in super high RPMs increasing the risk exponentially ...

I rev to 9000 with 6R80....why? Because I can and max effort N/A seems to like it.

P.S. Peak Power at 8100...

We rev 10R80 to 8000 as well.