Thread: Deleted Session... deletes on its own

Tuner in Training

Deleted Session... deletes on its own

Few times I can?t record a lap... likely external GPS does NOT send location. But there?s vid and data... BUT session deletes itself and vid is gone.

Is the session hiding somewhere or permanently deleted? I?d like to keep these sessions despite no lap times. Please advise.

Based on the information provided, I would suspect that what happened here is that the sessions didn't actually begin recording in these cases where your GPS data wasn't working, as it is very unlikely that they would have somehow been deleted.

On the recording screen, it will show your recording status in the top box, and once recording begins, that box will also turn green and the record icon will start flashing red.

When GPS is working, this will usually happen automatically... Either when you reach 10 mph in Circuit mode, or upon the vehicle being stopped when in the other modes. If there is no valid GPS data, it will instead wait for GPS, and display a status message to that effect.

In all cases except for Drag race mode, you also have the option to tap on that top recording status box to manually start recording at a time of your choosing. You should see it change from grey to green when you do, and the text will change as well.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply.

This has happened twice so far... iphone 8 with XGPS160 external gps. Once I start moving the recording and lap timer begins, BUT no lap is recorded. After my session I click the folder icon and see the saved session as 17min 1 lap for example. I back out and seems session is still there, but later it disappears. I'm thinking I should render immediately, but would rather not have to worry about this.

When this happens, track addict is showing external GPS green. BUT I notice sometimes that GPS unit will show good Sat signal but not actually showing position... normally I force close app or turn off/on bluetooth or GPS unit when this happens. But these 2 times I did not notice, but would still love to have the recorded vid.

In the past it did NOT delete... I would have long 1 lap session but with vid and data. Seems to have started after past update... not the most recent, happened before this.

I have identified a bug where if you had other successful recordings on the same day, it would create a grouped folder for those, but any ones that didn't successfully time laps or finish recording normally (ie no lap time listed in the session name) would then not appear in the sessions list. If that is what's happening to you, then the good news is that the file should be there, and our very next update (v4.1.2 or higher) will fix this display bug.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome! Yes this seems like my issue.
    Guess I won't be able to view these sessions until the update?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshBoody View Post
    Awesome! Yes this seems like my issue.
    Guess I won't be able to view these sessions until the update?
    The file would be there if you're looking at it via iTunes File Sharing, but it wouldn't appear in the app until the v4.1.2 update.

I just released that update for Android today, and I'm tracking down one unrelated issue for iOS, then we'll submit it to Apple. I'd expect it to clear their approval process and release early next week...