Thread: Mpvi2 scanner won?t connect

Potential Tuner

Mpvi2 scanner won?t connect

I?ve had mpvi2 for a couple months and the scanner worked fine at first but I?ve had problem with it connecting lately and now it won?t connect to any vehicle I own. I get a ?connection error? every time I try.

I?ve restarted the computer. I?ve uninstalled and reinstalled the software 3 times. The light on the interface comes on when I hook it to the laptop, and it also comes on when I plug it into the car idendepebdantly so i would think it?s not a cord issue.

Same problem here

Potential Tuner
    You haven?t come up with any answered?

I?ve had nothing but problems with mpvi2. I fully regret buying it. Why doesn?t hp tuners have a phone number for tech help?? This is ridiculous.

Try being connected to the internet, MPVI plugged in, open the editor, go to Help, then click Re-Sync interface.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    I don?t have internet access other than my phone. I live in the middle of nowhere. Even phone service is patchy.

I can take my laptop to work tomorrow and check for updates but I?m not sure why that would help seeing as it was working fine a couple weeks ago.

Potential Tuner
    I just tried the editor. It?s not working either.

I was in the market for a scan tool and bought hptuners because I also had a project I could use it on. I thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Apparently it isn?t dependable for my use. This is affecting my side work and it?s burning my ass. I guess I?ll be buying a real scan tool too.

Advanced Tuner
    I just bought mine mid August. When first setting up and connecting it performed a firmware update. Maybe that's what your missing if you haven't connected to the internet and re-synced. The product has been flawless.

I have internet and it cant resync.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    I just bought mine mid August. When first setting up and connecting it performed a firmware update. Maybe that's what your missing if you haven't connected to the internet and re-synced. The product has been flawless.
    But it all worked recently, now it?s suddenly not working.