Have been lurking but, of course, not long enough! please forgive the dumb questions that follow and my lack of knowledge about proper use of the forums - which I find to be very good.

Background:
I am in the process of transplanting a modified L9H 6.2 from a 2009 Escalade into my 94 Vette. (Bought HPTuners to help in the project!)
Wanting to keep a cruise control and not wanting to pay an outrageous amount for aftermarket one, i want to use E-67 PCM along with T-42 to control 4L65E. Have ordered the connectors to re-pin from the E-38 PCM in the Caddy harness. (I refuse to pay the fee for a custom harness; something I can well do myself.) Have installed ASA Cam and appropriate springs, removed the VVT and was pleased that DOD / AFM was not cluttering the landscape.

Now onto the dumb questions!

I still need to acquire an E-67 PCU. Is there a particular service number I should seek (or avoid) and an appropriate VIN to have placed into it for the GM software load? I have read horror stories about this PCU being hard to work with and to select proper factory software load. Just need some numbers here (with other good advice) so that I can tune this combination.

The LT1 Vette was OBD1.5. I am curious how the other modules in this car will behave if they lose their PCM. Do they store trouble codes in the PCM or in the individual modules like BCM, ABS etc via the low speed serial bus? If stored in PCM would I then need to retain it and have in effect a dual computer system? Or, if codes store in individual modules can I still read them with a TechI???

Thanks for all help and opinions!!