Thread: SD VE tuning

Tuner in Training

SD VE tuning

I am totally new to this tuning thing and am looking for a little bit of guidance before I blow something up. I have finally finished and been able to start and drive the car fairly decently, did about a 20 minute drive and scanned the whole thing. It started out idling very lean but around 120* it was around 14.6-15.0 and pretty much stayed that way while driving and stopping. It did have some surging while and going lean with decel but I know that will be fixed later. I have taken my AFR err and copied it to my VE table with "multiply by %". Just making sure this looks correct and if I should continue with the way I have been going or go guidance on the right way. I have read the SD tuning help section and believe I followed it correctly.

Little background on the car, 2000 C5 Automatic(built 4l60e and 3600 Yank converter) A&A Blower cam (220/230 .581/.591 116+3) LS6 intake, Vortech V2 (12ish lbs), GM 2bar MAP, 60lb Bosch Deka style injectors, Alky Control Meth kit, Large FMIC.

I have attached the scan, original tune and changed tune( havent flashed car with this yet)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Check your injector data. post 15, Ed posted a spreadsheet from Dave that has info about the 60lb injectors. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...450#post541450 post

Advanced Tuner
    If you are trying to run open loop you I don't believe you are. Go to engine diagnostics Mass Airflow Sensor, change that value to 1. Oxygen Senors tab Long Term FUel trims, disable and I raise MIN ECT to 284. Change the values in the Boost enrichment EQ Ratio vs AMP table, right now they are at 1.

Also need to check why TPS percent is not returning to 0
    Last edited by DrLoch; 09-04-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Heres a new log with those changes. Working on figuring out the TPS %, KOEO it sits at 11.4% and go to 99.6% then back to 11.4%. Assuming bad sensor but gotta OHM that out still.
    Attached Files Attached Files