Thread: 2013 Caprice PPV/Corvette segment swap?

Advanced Tuner

2013 Caprice PPV/Corvette segment swap?

So I am doing an engine swap into a 63 Nova that is using a 2013 PPV L77 (6.0, DOD, AFM) and also running a 6l80e. Want to use a Lokar shifter for the 6l80e that has the detents for the TUTD shifting but requires the resistor setup normally used on C6 Corvettes as the PPV uses a CAN signal from the BCM to read shift requests.

Having never done a setup like this, Im wondering if I need to do a segment swap for the TCM side to do this or if I just need to pin the transmission correctly for the C6 style trans wiring which is basically adding a circuit to PIN 7 with the correct resistor pack or if I have to program the TCM as a Corvette to get that working properly?

Advanced Tuner
    just wire the pin in like a corvette. change the programming in the existing tune to hard wire. simple as that.

Heads up. The current release of the lokar shifter for 6l80e does not have the extra detent in the shifter to go from normal mode the TUTD mode, it is designed more for aftermarket controllers that don't require a detent change. I tried to get lokar to release a version for factory controller and of course I was told there was no market desire, I call BS. You can make it work but there is no way to exit from TUTD to normal without a change in detents at the trans. Attached is a tune that I got TUTD to work with a lokar 6l80 trans. I had to do some weird stuff but was able to make it work. This combo is in a Jeep CJ7.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DHC,
    Were you able to switch back to auto mode from manual while holding tap up or down for 10 seconds like the Corvette while using the Lokar shifter or did you not try that?
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

I could not get TUTD to exit without shifting from D to N back to D. For the end user I set the shift schedules the way I did so that if they entered TUTD as least it would still shift up and down automatically just delayed.