Thread: new to all this but excited and willing to learn!

Tuner in Training

new to all this but excited and willing to learn!

ok guys, lately ive been on here asking questions. today i purchased my very first HPtuners. im pretty excited!!! so this is what i got....i have a 2000 camaro SS. it was a rolling chassis car and origionally a v6. after rodents ate the wiring i wanted something different. i have made a 2009 corvette BCM work in this car. every wire was ran by me. i pretty much wired this car from scratch. and it turns on! so this is my setup i was going to use. E38 ecm, T42 tcm. as for a start point i was going to try a 09 corvette stock tune and go from there. for the T42 i was going to try the 05 vette tcm file? the engine is a lsx 6.0 with vvt and twin turbo. i guess my questions are as follows...

1. can any E38 ecm work (fwd units, can they be wiped and have vette tune used in its place)

2. what TCM file would be ideal?

3. can VVT be added to the tune?

4. can flex fuel sensor be added

i know this is alot of questions but as stated im pretty green when it comes to all this so please bear with me! thanks.

E38 is fine, TCM file that matches e38 OS...VVT is in tune just need hardware for VVT and enable it..
    Flex fuel can be added, all within the ECu, just have to add sensor and wiring

I wasn't going to comment because I'm new and I want people to get the best advice but I'm curious do you want the flex fuel sensor so you can switch ethanol blends? If not, I plan on tuning mine to run on e30 without a sensor. You could do the same with any ethanol blend although they do vary a tad in their actual blend.