Thread: Help reading 2018 Mustang GT A10 Eurospec

Tuner in Training

Help reading 2018 Mustang GT A10 Eurospec

First time using HPT so please go easy on me

Plugged in MPVI2, hit read in the editor and a window pops up. Click on "Gather info" and it reads the VIN plus tells me the OS version. There are two drop lists in that window. I leave those blank and hit read but nothing happens so I go through the top drop list. The only option that came close was "TC-298 2018+ Ford" so I choose that and hit read again. It started to read and took 20+ minutes to download. Saved the file but the editor says it can't open the file....

I'm most likely doing something wrong here or is the Euro spec not supported?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please open a support ticket here https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I did 2 days ago. The ticket number is: 142953

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so I downloaded the VCM Editor (Beta) v4.1.411 and that version is able to open the file.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner in Training
    Had to try several times to write to the ECU...

Write calibration timed out so had to use write entire and then that also timed out several times causing me to break into a cold sweat. Resynced and still timed out. Finally unplugged MPVI2, resynced, plugged back in and crossed my fingers. On the 8th try, it succeeded. Whew! Car started up and drove without issues.

This needs some work. I know it's beta but sure scared the hell out of me! Hopefully, this timeout issue can be solved soon. Going to hold off further tuning until then.

I have to use write entire as well - write calibration doesn't work on 2018 EU. Other then few missing pids in scanner and something strange in trans shifting it works...OK.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonsequitur View Post
    Had to try several times to write to the ECU...

Write calibration timed out so had to use write entire and then that also timed out several times causing me to break into a cold sweat. Resynced and still timed out. Finally unplugged MPVI2, resynced, plugged back in and crossed my fingers. On the 8th try, it succeeded. Whew! Car started up and drove without issues.

This needs some work. I know it's beta but sure scared the hell out of me! Hopefully, this timeout issue can be solved soon. Going to hold off further tuning until then.
    Did you report the issue to support? If so What is your support ticket number?

FWIW we initially ONLY offered write entire on ford(most of our competitors only offer write entire) so holding off just for these is probably overreacting. With that said there are a few things we can look at and see if theres anything we can do on our end in order to get write cal only working properly on your particular application.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 09-07-2018 at 02:20 PM.