Thread: add a PID to scanner?

add a PID to scanner?

I know you guys don't support the old 96 Chevy tahoe ecm to edit but the scanner does work, it's just missing the most common needed PID. the one for Camshaft Sensor Retard (CMP Retard) used for GM Vortec 4.3 and 5.7 liter engines. it's needed any time you have to pull the dizzy out or move it. to resync the cam timing.

I read that there's one of those blue tooth China obd 2 scanner with a phone app, car gauge pro that has it. but while a friend of mine had one that would work with these trucks, I tired ordering 2 different ones and neither worked. they looked the same but would just cause the stock CD player to try and eject when I plugged them in. very odd, I've since moved a state away and can't borrow his. I'd love to just use the scanner in hptuners that I already have.

any chance?

how funny. I just posted the same question about adding pids for a different vehicle and then searching around my own thread from years ago trying to do the same thing shows up. I'm guessing this is a no and you can't add extra stuff to the scanner in hp.

such a shame. this could be such a useful tool with just a little be of functionality put into it. nothing like being disappointed in the same thing 4 years later lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, we will not be adding MPIDs for vehicles we do not support, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"