Thread: 2013 Caprice PPV/Corvette segment swap?

Advanced Tuner

2013 Caprice PPV/Corvette segment swap?

So I am doing an engine swap into a 63 Nova that is using a 2013 PPV L77 (6.0, DOD, AFM) and also running a 6l80e. Want to use a Lokar shifter for the 6l80e that has the detents for the TUTD shifting but requires the resistor setup normally used on C6 Corvettes as the PPV uses a CAN signal from the BCM to read shift requests.

Having never done a setup like this, I have always used a Corvette tune for engine and trans, Im wondering if I need to do a segment swap for the TCM side to do this or if I just need to pin the transmission correctly for the C6 style trans. I am not sure if I just need to wire the trans by adding a circuit to PIN 7 with the correct resistor pack or if I have to program the TCM as a Corvette to get that working properly?

did you ever get this one resolved? I am running into some issues with a '14 L77/6L80e PPV swap and getting some interesting codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rcodea1; 07-23-2019 at 09:08 AM.

I just did a TCM OS swap from 14 camaro into 14 Caprice to make it act right. PPV tune had all sorts of issues with TCC control that got resolved with the overwrite.

so across years it worked ok...anything additional with your tune or wiring needed as well?
    Last edited by rcodea1; 03-10-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBoost View Post
    I just did a TCM OS swap from 14 camaro into 14 Caprice to make it act right. PPV tune had all sorts of issues with TCC control that got resolved with the overwrite.
    MoBoost, do you recall which OS you used for the e38 and the t43? just a 'write entire' fixed it?