Thread: Race Render 2 need activation code

Potential Tuner

Race Render 2 need activation code

Hey all, I downloaded race render 2 on my old laptop that runs vista, but I need to upgrade to deluxe in order to write the videos. But it looks like you can no longer purchase version 2, you must purchase version 3 which won't run on vista! What can I do?

Well, you may want to contact Race Render LLC directly http://racerender.com/Contact.html. But Microsoft haven't supported Vista since April 11, 2017 so I would suggest you upgrade your system to Windows 10 which probably means you need to upgrade your hardware as well. Like Microsoft Vista, Race Render LLC is no longer developing RR2 so your money is better spent on RR3.

Potential Tuner
    I sent them an email almost two weeks ago. Haven't gotten a response. I am not going to upgrade my computer, and a new one is not in the budget, so for now... I'm on vista. Does anyone know if race render will still sell an activation code for version 2?

Yota599, I have e-mailed you directly today with a potential solution.

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to sell or support RaceRender 2, as it has been out of production for a little over four and a half years now. We keep the last release of it available on the website so that those customers can still get it, but all of our ordering processes have long been setup for RaceRender 3, and the resulting activation codes will not be recognized by RR2. I had to do some things to manually create a solution for this unique case, hence my delay in responding to your email.

Users of Windows Vista, and even Windows 7, are also likely to find that the media support when running RaceRender is a bit limited by today's standards. The workaround for those situations is to use Apple's free QuickTime 7 player, which gives RaceRender access to its decoding library, but updates to that have been discontinued by Apple a while ago too. For these reasons, I regularly promote using Windows 10, or at least Windows 8.1, to enjoy good native support for modern video files.

Potential Tuner
    Weston, I got your email. I hope my initial post didn't come off as frustrated and impatient. I really want to say thank you for helping me get the software running. i am really excited to start overlaying data on my videos! When I finally do upgrade to a newer pc, rr3 will be the first program I put on it!