Thread: VCM Scanner kills my radio

Potential Tuner

VCM Scanner kills my radio

I open the scanner and connect to my truck (2002 Chevy Suburban 2500 w/8.1 and 4L85e) and as soon as it starts to communicate with the truck the radio (stock radio) resets the time to 1:00 and it will continue to reset and cycle the CD eject. I don't get the radio back until I write a program to the truck and have the scanner disconnected. Has anyone else had this issue?

not with hptuners but I have a 96 tahoe I tried one of the cheap China Bluetooth scanners on and it did that. wouldn't connect to the ecm but caused the radio to freak out. don't think it reset the time but the CD definitely cycled.

weird.

Tuner
    i had issue once with 2001 Vette. for unknown reason radio communication link on DLC burnt my HPT and had to send it for replacing it. from that time on any Chevy if i wan't t work with Chevy i do remove eighter pin on DLC connector or fuse if possible

best regards

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wasyl View Post
    i had issue once with 2001 Vette. for unknown reason radio communication link on DLC burnt my HPT and had to send it for replacing it. from that time on any Chevy if i wan't t work with Chevy i do remove eighter pin on DLC connector or fuse if possible

best regards
    Yes, I once had this happen too

__________________________________________________ __________
    Life... I understand it less and less, but love it more and more.
    Best regards,Diceus
    Last edited by Tabric; 09-25-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    On my 04 Vette it stops the clock operation as well as the radio. I usually just turn it off and cruise around with it off if logging.

I reset the clock when done. Did this with MPVI1 & 2 but most notably on the version 3.x and up software.

Chris
    2004 Corvette
    2004 GTO
    2013 Yukon Denali XL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by magredvet View Post
    On my 04 Vette it stops the clock operation as well as the radio. I usually just turn it off and cruise around with it off if logging.

I reset the clock when done. Did this with MPVI1 & 2 but most notably on the version 3.x and up software.

Chris
    sounds like an obd port issue to me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Just bought a new MPVI2 and connect to my 2000 suburban 2500 for the first time tonight to grab and save the base tune and to try out VCM scanner. Same issue with VCM scanner. Was in the garage with the engine off, ignition on, and the CD player kept trying to bletch out a CD, time was reset to 0100 every second or so. ALSO, my active p0420 codes were somehow reset.

Has anybody got this issue resolved? I am going through it right now on my 99 vette.....

Tuner in Training
    I haven?t played with it since my car is apart. I just reset the clock after working with it

Tuner
    This is common on gm 2500's. Several other manufactures of flashing devices say to pull the infotainment fuses before connecting to the obd2 port. Give that a try.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper