Thread: What ECU for '16 Focus ST?

Tuner

What ECU for '16 Focus ST?

I can't find any solid info for what ECU selection to use for a '16 Focus ST; anyone know?

Tuner in Training
    You'll need to download and install the latest beta. The current official version doesn't recognize the ecu automatically like usual. Same issue I had with my car. TC1767A is the proper ecu type, but try via the beta first.

Tuner
    I tried it in Beta but it didn't recognize the ECU there either; I think I was using the 1797 so I'll try the 1767A and see if that works. Thanks!

Tuner
    No on 1767A; with that I get controller initialization failure.

Tuner
    This is RIDICULOUS; I spent hours dealing with tech support today to finally get the program updated and before dealing with the Checksum error they cutoff the communication and where gone. Now I have to wait until maybe noon again tomorrow to hear back so I can try and get this vehicle functioning.

Tuner
    Ok; update here. Flashed the car to the newest ford update with our J-Box. Going to see if this works; if not then I’m going to try and flash it with the “as delivered” software and hope that locally HP based their definitions off the older software. So far TC-1797 works best.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah with the checksum error, you have to send in that file along with your info log of your device. That's what fixed it for me after they released a new beta.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FieSTafury View Post
    Yeah with the checksum error, you have to send in that file along with your info log of your device. That's what fixed it for me after they released a new beta.
    What was your turn-around time to get a new definition file from them? Used to be pretty quick.

Tuner
    You'll need to download and install the latest beta. The current official version doesn't recognize the ecu automatically like usual. Same issue I had with my car. TC1767A is the proper ecu type, but try via the beta first.
    Also, are you sure on TC1767A, I can't get that to initialize? Only 1797 works past the bootloader stage.

Tuner in Training
    That's what worked for me. It took them about a week for my definition to be valid. Once I got the email reply, I dload Ed the latest beta, hooked everything up and voila.

Tuner
    That's what worked for me. It took them about a week for my definition to be valid. Once I got the email reply, I dload Ed the latest beta, hooked everything up and voila.
    I guess I figured if they listed the car as supported that meant I could hookup to the car and tune it; if they let us know it was a week to tune some cars then I could compensate for that.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I was kinda surprised that it didn't just link up and do it's thing like GM vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by C10Racer View Post
    I guess I figured if they listed the car as supported that meant I could hookup to the car and tune it; if they let us know it was a week to tune some cars then I could compensate for that.
    We typically list an application once we know we've been able to support a majority of the controllers in that application. Sometimes however the OEM releases a new calibration we don't catch or you have a rarely used strategy and we don't have it.
    Your application will indeed be TC1797.

Once you have a read, send it in and we'll try to get it added as quick as we can!
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    We typically list an application once we know we've been able to support a majority of the controllers in that application. Sometimes however the OEM releases a new calibration we don't catch or you have a rarely used strategy and we don't have it.
    Your application will indeed be TC1797.

Once you have a read, send it in and we'll try to get it added as quick as we can!
    Sorry for the obvious frustration but I'm still in the same boat; got an email from Corey Clayton to go ahead and download the newest Beta and try it only to get the same issue. Please...help...

9-12Initial.hpt
    Last edited by Engineer@HPT; 09-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Sorry for the obvious frustration but I'm still in the same boat; got an email from Corey Clayton to go ahead and download the newest Beta and try it only to get the same issue. Please...help...
    Do you have a ticket? I can get that attached to it for you and into our queue ASAP!
    I saved your infolog, should've stated NOT to post that here. Some important info like your application key is in there that you probably dont want getting out!

Tuner
    Do you have a ticket? I can get that attached to it for you and into our queue ASAP!
    I saved your infolog, should've stated NOT to post that here. Some important info like your application key is in there that you probably dont want getting out!
    Ticket I started today when the update didn’t work is 143936; original ticket was 143185. I am very appreciative of any help; the updated Beta I downloaded today did not work and I can’t go another week telling the client just to wait.

Tuner
    If there is any way you can look into it and let me know whats going on I would be most appreciative. Is it possible when I did the J2534 update it screwed things up as they where building a map for the original software and not the most updated software? I can send in a read of the latest software if that helps.

If there is any way you can look into it and let me know whats going on I would be most appreciative. Is it possible when I did the J2534 update it screwed things up as they where building a map for the original software and not the most updated software? I can send in a read of the latest software if that helps.
    It appears your original read was OS GMDG2, which is what was added as it was new to us. When you updated with J2534, you moved to GMDG3, which is even newer and we don't yet have. I've moved it directly into our queue and shortcut the process some for you. Hopefully we can have it added today or tomorrow for you!