Thread: Can't get VCM Editor to Update

Tuner

Can't get VCM Editor to Update

So, as I've done in the past I download the latest file and run the install menu but instead up "update" I only get an option to repair. If I run the repair feature it'll go through the process but doesn't update anything. If I check the version in the program it shows 3.4.89 so I know it isn't current... I do J2534 programming and maybe my brain is so full of that I can't remember how to update HP properly...what am I missing?

Tuner
    Downloaded the new Net Framework as per help and still won't work; to make this even better the Beta still won't work on the file I need it to work on! Anyone succesfully read a '16 Focus ST?

Tuner
    Well whatever anomaly was causing the system not to update is solved but we haven’t even touched the check sum errors on the 16 Focus ST.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by C10Racer View Post
    Well whatever anomaly was causing the system not to update is solved but we haven’t even touched the check sum errors on the 16 Focus ST.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=checksum
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I've mentioned the checksum errors in the tech support tickets I've sent in as well as in other emails I've sent in and have had zero interest in resolving them in this case. I've sent in the tune file as well as the log multiple times and have had zero response to it. I had a team viewer session earlier today to deal with the updating issues and before we could even look at the check sum issues the tech support session was ended.

VCMSuiteInfo-Beta.txtBetaUpdateInitial.hpt

If I need to flash the car back to stock with a J2534 box that is no issue. If I need to buy a new ECU let me know and I'll do it. If it's just a definition y'all haven't seen yet tell me how soon we can get it sorted so I can tell the client and get him to climb down off my back! I use HPTuner's because the tech support is second to none and even when the coverage wasn't the best the tech support was; with the new coverage HP is hands-down the best out there but I really hope the tech support doesn't suffer! Thanks.
    Last edited by C10Racer; 09-07-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Tuner
    Flashed the car to the latest Ford update with my J-Box; the boot loader took 7-8 times to fully load but now it’s reading so we will see. If this doesn’t work I’m going to flash it back to as delivered and see if I can work from that file. So far TC-1797 seems to be the best bet.

Tuner
    9-71st.txt9-7Read.hpt

Read off the newest Ford software update; HPTuners version 4.0.12 won't work.
    Last edited by C10Racer; 09-07-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Tuner
    Read off the "as delivered" factory software setup.

9-7Read2Betaasdeliveredinfo.hpt9-72Betaasdelivered.txt

Same Checksum Error. I'd guess at this point 1 of 3 things is happening. Either there is a hardware issue with this car in the PCM system, there is a software issue with HP on my end or HP doesn't have definitions for the newest, oldest factory original or a middle-era software file for this car which seems unlikely since there is already a '16 Focus ST File loaded into the repository. Option #4 is I'm an idiot and missing something.

I guess I'm going to submit the newest software file and info log to HP in hopes that they can sort whatever the issue with that particular file are and I can work with the newest factory software?