Thread: adjust shift points

adjust shift points

I've got a Trackhawk it's got 789 HP and 789 TQ I've been told by my tuner who has no experience with these but most don't, to lower the shift point I need to lower the numbers in the aggression based patterns. So I'm below stock and well below what she had 1937 to 1300 in (0) track I've adjusted all the patterns down. Any suggestions somethings not right.
    Thanks

My experience with shift points ,
    is that the tranny makes up its own mind about shift points it will attempt to follow some of the time then completely ignore it in favour of other inputs, at others
    I have rewritten all of my shift maps including the ones at the bottom of the page in an effort to understand what its doing ,and it still does its own thing .
    I have never been able to reconcile the actual shift points on the scanner with the scheduled ones,
    What does work is the 100% th shift line I've raised mine and it does follow the higher shift points, so it would appear there is no superior input .
    One thing I have found helps
    The TCC apply/release maps seem to work ok
    I found often there was a lot of slip in several of the Tcc modes which it does use , so eng revs would rise and out put shaft speed was still low so it would stay in a lower gear or even downshift , this was particularly noticeable when turning a corner and going uphill it would flare heaps. and slip the clutch instead of downshifting
    I changed all the tcc modes that had very high output shaft slip to lock sections in the map to something close to the ones that did not , that was moving the right way but still not what i wanted so then i lowered the lock to unlock so the acc clutch would not release till a lower speed and also some of the unlock to slip 3 and 4 particularly just a bit
    The net result is that instead of slipping it downshifts smartly and does not flare
    There has not seemed to be any down side to this set up and I like it to date
    Regards
    Nige

Tuner in Training
    Which transmission is this? I?m working with a NAG and finding about the same things Nigel is saying.... make a table and it sort of follows the guidelines some of the time, but often has a mind of its own.

I've got mine to come around to a RPM I want FINALLY. My tuner suggested
    Try pulling 200 out of these tables (it won’t let me do it and save the file because I don’t have the cable plugged in)
    They are under non aggressive patterns (but doesn’t mean they aren’t reference)
    Paddle/TUTD – Normal
    Manual Paddle/TUTD – Normal & Sport/Track
    Tiptronic – Tiptronic 29

I ended up only needing 100 to get my RPM to come up to what I wanted.