Thread: 2017 ZL1 M6 Peak Torque and Driver Demand

Tuner in Training

2017 ZL1 M6 Peak Torque and Driver Demand

I was wondering on a stock Zl1 manual 6 speed how much, or in what increments and ranges, you recommend increase peak torque and driver demand to help eliminate bog?

So far I have changed the TCS Max Torque, Max Torque RMP vs Gear to max values and added +10 to reduced power timing and that has helped a HUGE amount.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Take hp tuners class

Tuner in Training
    That response is a waste of your time and mine. I don't know why you'd even say that. Just asking a couple simple questions.

For your information I've already taken the 4th gen class. I'm wondering specifically on the ZL1 which is a new car and they don't have a class for yet. Was hoping to get some real insight from experience. Not a lame answer.

If you'd ever dealt with the ZL1 you to understand the bog issue. I'm looking to get around it.

Advanced Tuner
    Pay expert for tune - if u don’t know on new car ,how to tune——- boom

Advanced Tuner
    Wow Paul, great advice. I mean because that is what drives the HPT platform and helps sales is to offer the advice of paying for a $600+ tune from a tuner.

Or as end users and enthusiasts to the hobby maybe we help each other out instead. I mean that is taking a huge assumption and getting near the edge of the cliff there, but typically that is what most people are looking for on this forum and not worthless posts.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    Take hp tuners class
    Paul, Do you remember this thread? it's funny how times have changed now.

This is Paul's thread in 2017 before he became an expert tuner.

"is this place for help ?
    this forum is for help -but it seems like the people in here are just to make money
    who ever is the monitor is, needs to be more active and maybe kick some of the money grabbers here out"

Quote Originally Posted by bradtabor View Post
    I was wondering on a stock Zl1 manual 6 speed how much, or in what increments and ranges, you recommend increase peak torque and driver demand to help eliminate bog?

So far I have changed the TCS Max Torque, Max Torque RMP vs Gear to max values and added +10 to reduced power timing and that has helped a HUGE amount.

Thanks!
    You need to log some PID for engine torque and axle torque then check if they are limiting your throttle and timing or not.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep can’t beat them join them - basically he wants some one to teach him how to tune car. - do what I did and learn
    Or pay some one to help u. - small fixes I would help out ,but how to tune your car. — lol

Potential Tuner
    Lol go figure

Log your spark PID as well and see what areas are contributing to spark and what is limiting them. Does the “bog” change with Traction control off or TM off/decreased?

Did not realize this was a for profit site.

People come here to learn and troubleshoot, at all levels. That's what an open forum does. Trying to make a buck off of it here all the time is just plain stupid. If people are willing to get in touch with you that's fine IMO. If withholding knowledge on an open forum to bait someone into paying for it, then your business model sucks and you also don't need to be here. Again there is plenty of work to go around. I'm sure all the business owners here will agree that this might be a very small portion of their revenue. If giving out proper information leads you to believe that it is taking away from your business here, your in the wrong business. The majority of people just want their car to go fast and have little knowledge on how to.

Let's face it HPT is an awesome platform with one minor flaw IMHO. A lot of the definitions, explanations and descriptions suck(is this by design?). Along with the fact that their are no basic guides included.Some people just want to tune their own car so they come here to try to learn. Maybe they cant afford the extra $800.00 for some paperback book, and that is not our place or business to be judge or jury.

Reputations can be made here which can lead to more work.
    Last edited by Ghostnotes; 09-13-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

I’ve heard of thread tools before, but we have a real one here. I’ll bet P.S.Jr is related to 3z06zr1 over on CF
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Thanks!
    The following link shows how to modify the basic torque and DD tables on a V6, but the principal is the same regardless of engine.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ttlebody-issue

Here is another example of how I modified the DD table for a 4 banger (2.4L)... On the left is the stock DD table and on the right is the modified.

HPT-DD-table.png

Once you modify DD - MAP A, you then copy and paste the new modified table to MAP B and C.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 09-15-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much for the helpful advice guys! Pretty much have is sorted out between your help and a couple other forums.

To Paul, I have tuned supercharged cars, NA cars, cam, stock, from ls1 to ls3s. Just not an LT4 or LT1s. I wasn't asking for someone to teach me "how to tune", I was asking a question about a field I have never had to modify, on a car that is pretty new, that very few people have experience with, that has some serious known issues that HP tuners has yet to resolve, believed to be in the BCM. (That stand for Body Control Module Paul, just so we are on the same page.)

I agree with everyone else in the forum. You have no issue asking for advice when you need it but have issues with others doing exactly what this forum was made for. I hope, if in all your benevolence, if you ever do need advice, that someone polity helps you instead of being an arrogant know it, and instead of responding like a childish 12 year old, that either doesn't know the answer or just likes being "that guy", they give you some decent advice.

As a business owner, it makes good sense to provide good advise. First of all it shows your knowledge. It also builds trust in a faceless community such as this.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    The following link shows how to modify the basic torque and DD tables on a V6, but the principal is the same regardless of engine.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ttlebody-issue

Here is another example of how I modified the DD table for a 4 banger (2.4L)... On the left is the stock DD table and on the right is the modified.

HPT-DD-table.png

Once you modify DD - MAP A, you then copy and paste the new modified table to MAP B and C.
    I've mostly avoided changing the negative values in the DD table, but you haven't noticed any throttle hanging or anything like that with a table that looks like this? I know this exact example is for a 4 cyl so I'm just curious here.

Thank you so much for the helpful advice guys! Pretty much have is sorted out between your help and a couple other forums.

To Paul, I have tuned supercharged cars, NA cars, cam, stock, from ls1 to ls3s. Just not an LT4 or LT1s. I wasn't asking for someone to teach me "how to tune", I was asking a question about a field I have never had to modify, on a car that is pretty new, that very few people have experience with, that has some serious known issues that HP tuners has yet to resolve, believed to be in the BCM. (That stand for Body Control Module Paul, just so we are on the same page.)

I agree with everyone else in the forum. You have no issue asking for advice when you need it but have issues with others doing exactly what this forum was made for. I hope, if in all your benevolence, if you ever do need advice, that someone polity helps you instead of being an arrogant know it, and instead of responding like a childish 12 year old, that either doesn't know the answer or just likes being "that guy", they give you some decent advice.
    Did you mostly handle this with driver demand? I've worked through this issue before as well using a combo of DD and min timing tables but just curious to see what your fix just for the sake of sharing info if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    As a business owner, it makes good sense to provide good advise. First of all it shows your knowledge. It also builds trust in a faceless community such as this.
    I agree 100%!