Thread: Newby looking for guidance with PMAS and long tubes

Tuner in Training

Newby looking for guidance with PMAS and long tubes

Hey everyone complete newby here to tuning and I am curious if I am heading in the right direction in my tune. I played with the data logger before starting to mod the car but now I have a CAI and long tubes on the car and made some changes to the tune. For the long tubes I multiplied the Transport delay and Transport constant by 1.2 instead of the 1.5 the coyote cookbook mentioned and for the PMAS cai I entered the data as they suggested. After my first log I noticed my ltft's were crazy high so I took the average at the end of the copied it and pasted special multiple by percent. Flashed the car and let it idle then drove for 10 miles then started to log again. The log looks better? but I do see a lot of random spikes in fuel trims and not sure if I am heading in the right direction. Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated.

Car: 2015 manual mustang gt
    Mods: PMAS tune required intake and 1 7/8th long tube headers.

Tunes and Logs
    seans-PMASmafChanges1.hpt
    pmasMAF-Log1.hpl
    seans-PMASmafChanges2.hpt
    pmasMAF-Log2.hpl

You need to tune your MAF curve. What histograms are you using?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    You need to tune your MAF curve. What histograms are you using?
    I'm using a ltft histogram to dial in the MAF curve. I did notice in the logs that each time spark source equaled torque control is was cutting a lot of fuel. Can this ruin the data that the log is capturing?

Here's how my ltft histogram is set up
    Capture.PNG

You have to disable a bunch of stuff in order to tune your MAF curve.

Follow your training material.

Advanced Tuner
    did you enter the maf period data that pmas provides?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    did you enter the maf period data that pmas provides?

Yup sure did. I disabled some torque management features and then uploaded the tune again without any maf changes. It looked slightly better but there is still issues with it pulling a lot of fuel when it shows spark source as Target N in the logs. Im having a hard time remembering but I do think when it was in driver demand mode the fueling was +_5% in normal driving conditions. I have a log of all that and can post it tonight when I get home from work.

Tuner in Training
    Here's my last changes to the tune and my log on the way home from work after disabling a lot of the torque management and a small adjustment to my MAF curve. I'm still seeing Target N in the spark source cutting a ton of fuel. Not sure what other torque settings I need to modify for that but I'll search around here to see if anyone else has come across it.

seans-PMASmafChanges3.hpt
    pmasMAF-Log3.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sbush265 View Post
    Here's my last changes to the tune and my log on the way home from work after disabling a lot of the torque management and a small adjustment to my MAF curve. I'm still seeing Target N in the spark source cutting a ton of fuel. Not sure what other torque settings I need to modify for that but I'll search around here to see if anyone else has come across it.

seans-PMASmafChanges3.hpt
    pmasMAF-Log3.hpl
    After doing another log I'm not sure if my issue is related to torque management. It looks like it only pulls fuel and struggles to even out if I clutch in or throw it in neutral and coast. Maybe DFCO settings? Any ideas of what settings can cause that to happen?

Dfco and cot has to be turned off to tune your maf.

Tuner in Training
    Dfco and cot has to be turned off to tune your maf.
    I had COT disabled but did not mess with the DFCO settings. For the s550 it would be a matter of setting these values to prevent it from being enabled right?

dfco.PNG

That should work.

Tuner in Training
    That should work.
    I made those changes and here is my latest log. Ltfts are a little lean still after making a couple changes and it still looks like its cutting a lot of fuel when in neutral or clutching in.

pmasMAF-Log5.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Disabled all the torque limiters and still having no luck with figuring out what is causing my stft to be so negative when clutching in or throwing it neutral when slowing down. Made some more changes to my tune to make it closer to the stock tune with the only the changes made to the maf table that pmas supplies and to disable my rear o2 sensors for the longtubes to see what that may do.

Here that tune I plan on uploading tomorrow during lunch.
    seans-PMASmafChanges2.hpt

Will do another log after work tomorrow on the way home to see how that does.

Tuner in Training
    Still making no progress on this no matter what I disable that may be causing it. Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. What are the necessary things to turn off when dialing in the MAF on a 15+ car with a cai and long tubes?

fuel.PNG