Thread: Map reads 105 need help please

Potential Tuner

Map reads 105 need help please

Hello

My map sensor reads 105kpa plugged and 10 kpa when it?s unplugged

Yes there is a hole in the intake
    Yes I have tried 3 different sensors even the last took it from running camaro

I checked the harness and it looks perfect
    Stock map sensor

2003 c5z
    416ci
    Ls3 Prc heads
    102 fast intake
    102 Nick William
    Stock maf
    Btr +400 nitrous cam

Please can you check the file and you are ok to fix it , I really appreciate your time and your help first tune2.hpt

It has been down for 3 months from this problem,,, I?m almost gonna throw some gas on it and burn it down

You're overlooking something you did to your tune file and this is the exact reason why you are having trouble.

You applied the 2 BAR OS to this computer, doing so will automatically input a generic 2 BAR MAP sensor settings into the linear and offset settings.

So no matter what you do, it's always going to be wrong if you run a 1 bar sensor with 2 bar settings. Put the stock 1 bar MAP sensor settings back in and it will go back to normal.

If this was a NA build you should have just applied the 1 bar OS speed density OS.

Secondly, this 2 bar OS converts your Primary VE table to a 2 bar scale and populates the table with a huge number, in this case it's 432. It will never function correctly if you do not input your previous 1 bar data into this tune for 15-105kpa. Even if this will be mainly a MAF setup, the VE table should always be tuned, it's used for transient fueling. Again if this is staying NA, you do not need the 2 bar OS at all.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 09-08-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It’s N/A
    The sensor is one bar (( the stock one ))

I’m understanding what are you saying but I got confused which table should I change

Input the 1 bar linear and offset settings back into the tune file, then it will read the 1 bar MAP sensor correctly.

You need to fix the VE table as well before you run it otherwise it's not going to run great or much at all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad96 View Post
    It’s N/A
    The sensor is one bar (( the stock one ))

I’m understanding what are you saying but I got confused which table should I change
    so your application is N/A. is there a reason you are using the 2 bar enhanced mode? a stock 03 corvette OS for manual transmission applications is capable of 1 bar RTT SD and 1 bar RTT MAF modes.
    there isnt a reason to ever go to 2 or 3 bar in na applications. usually i see someone working with an ecu that has already aquired the flash to multi bar before they got their hands on it which means it would need a factory reset in order to make the 1 bar options available again. maybe thats your case?

5FDP " Again if this is staying NA, you do not need the 2 bar OS at all."
    this ^
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    hey guys

after i tried the map sensor begin to read but still not starting

i noticed in scanner (( fuel system #1 status not ready ))

btw way i cannot do anything with os to get it back to 1 bar
    here is the last updated tune file if you can fix it first tune map issue.hpt104 data.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Bump

Why can't you go back to 1 bar? Your going to continue to fight with yourself over this. If you lost the original file, I suggest getting another and re-licensing it. With a 2 bar os, your VE scale will be out of whack for 1 bar tuning and your resolution just won't be there. JMO