Thread: SD tune maf delete issue

Tuner in Training

SD tune maf delete issue

hey guys/gals, ive got a turbo 6.2 denali that "was" running great on what I thought to be a complete sd tune. Well i eliminated the maf sensor completely yesterday and ever since the truck wont idle, or essentially run worth a dang regardless. Im running the SD os program so I was under assumption this puts the vehicle into complete sd mode...? Am i missing a table somewhere that is still trying to calculate maf readings causing my issue? Thanks for any input guys

vvttune.hpt

Sorry can't view the tune on this computer but did you fail the MAF sensor within the tune file yet?

Just going to that OS does not fail the sensor, you have to do that manually still.

Set the MAF fail high to like 2hz, low fail to 1hz, set the 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. It should then go straight to speed density and run off your 3 VE tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    what MAP sensor do you have?

you need to scale the tune so your IFR isn't maxed out and then fix your VE table.

you need to fail the MAF also.