Thread: Trouble Importing Videos from TrackAddict

Potential Tuner

Trouble Importing Videos from TrackAddict

So when I try to import my videos from TrackAddict into RaceRender, its importing all the data and the audio, but its not importing the video. When I double click on the MOV file that RaceRender has saved onto my local computer, I see video. But in RaceRender it only shows as audio. I'm able to import my GoPro footage and sync up just fine by the looks of it. But I'd like to have both footage going. I'm also currently using the free version of the RaceRender software, but have the paid version of TrackAddict.

Any help would be appreciated!

Just to understand your workflow. You have two videos. You import the first and it displays as a full screen. You import the second and it doesn't appear as a pip (picture in picture)? When the video is in RR3, under Display Objects, you should see the video icon. If you click on it and then click on the properties button what does it say beside "Style." Full Screen - Video? I'm not sure but this may have something to do with the free version. The only way to test it on a fully paid version is if you cut a small clip from the video, say 3 to 5 seconds, and put it in Drop box or One Drive and post the link so that members have the opportunity to play with the file to determine if they come up with the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by elphilo View Post
    So when I try to import my videos from TrackAddict into RaceRender, its importing all the data and the audio, but its not importing the video. When I double click on the MOV file that RaceRender has saved onto my local computer, I see video. But in RaceRender it only shows as audio. I'm able to import my GoPro footage and sync up just fine by the looks of it. But I'd like to have both footage going. I'm also currently using the free version of the RaceRender software, but have the paid version of TrackAddict.

Any help would be appreciated!
    We sometimes see this when trying to use modern media codecs or resolutions on Windows 7. Typically, it applies to anything that exceeds 1080p (such as 4K) or the codecs that were common during Windows 7's era. Microsoft significantly boosted the media support available to apps running on Windows 8.1 and especially 10, so those are much less likely to have issues.

The workaround for Windows 7 users is to install Apple's free QuickTime 7 Player for Windows, and then use the 32-bit version of RaceRender. It is able to tap into the QuickTime codecs on systems that have it installed, which tends to have better or more recent support (including H.264 4K) than the Microsoft stuff that came with Windows 7, although Apple has since stopped providing updates for that as well.

Your documentation on the web does specify the limitations of windows 7 but I wonder if your comments above should be made into a "sticky" so those working with Win 7 can read it before posting. Also, another thing to consider with the forum is to allow users to have a user profile with a box to list their hardware and operating system. That way you won't have to second guess what may be the problem.

Yup, we've been seeing an increase of this type of thing with users on Windows 7 when trying to use more modern video formats/codecs/resolutions. Any .mp4/.mov file that exceeds 1080p will need QuickTime to decode if on Win 7, and then there are sometimes odd audio codecs that need it too.

I've added some more helpful messages to the 3.6.6 update to explain the situation and workaround to users, in cases where we're able to load the audio track but not the video track, or vice versa, especially if it detects that they're on Windows 7.

Potential Tuner
    I am also unable to get video to load when I sync from the TrackAddict app. I recorded in 1080p (60fps). It plays just fine in the app and on my PC via VLC player. I have the audio and the data, but no video. I tried to convert the .mov file to an .mp4, but I lost the audio and data, and the video was horribly compressed. I have Windows 10, I tried downloading quicktime, itunes, the works. I just want my recorded video to transfer! Please help!

Edit: software/hardware used: iPhone Xr, TrackAddict Pro v4.3.4 and the most recent Race Render
    Last edited by mjdarnell; 07-31-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added phone used to capture video

Potential Tuner
    I have a new iPhoneXR running iOS 12.4 and TrackAddict Pro v4.3.7. I have two MacBook Pros: an older 17" screen running MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan (the most recent version this machine supports) and a newer 15" running OS 10.14.6 Mojave (current update). I am using the Free version of RaceRender (v3.7.1) for now until I can be sure it works for me. When I tried to transfer video and data from TrackAddict, the older machine returned an error of "Unrecognized or unsupported file format ... Error code 141; Location: InputHandlerOpen". The data was imported but not the video, at least not correctly. However, both data and video import correctly on the newer machine/OS. On the older machine the mp4 video file does not play in Quicktime but it does play correctly on the newer machine.

I would prefer to use the larger screen on the older machine but can live with the 15" screen. Do you (HPTuners) have a suggestion for the older OS?

Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    UPDATE:

I was forced to download a $0.99 Codec from Microsoft in order to get the video working. I tried free sources like Quicktime and the VLC player, but it wouldn't work until I purchased it straight from the Microsoft store. Everything works great now.

To confirm, was it this Microsoft HEVC Video Extensions that solved it? https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NMZLZ57R3T7

There is also a free version that we've previously directed users to here, but the difference between the two isn't very clear: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/he...r/9n4wgh0z6vhq

It appears that the newest iPhones are using this format by default (at least when choosing 60 FPS), which as you have unfortunately experienced, isn't well supported on desktop yet. That's a newer issue than what originally started this thread, but has the same apparent symptoms. It looks like the most practical solution in these cases is to either run macOS High Sierra or newer, or Windows 10 with Microsoft's HEVC Video Extensions installed. I'll be updating our stuff to provide more helpful user messages and documentation in these cases...

Potential Tuner
    I did all the steps recommended by HPTuners in Windows 7 with regard to codecs, 32 bit, etc. Never worked. I then tried a machine running Mac OS High Sierra, still didn't work. Upgraded that machine to Mojave, now it works fine. Great software but very fussy with operating systems.