Thread: Can Lap Counter - Standard Style ignore post-run lap count?

Potential Tuner

Can Lap Counter - Standard Style ignore post-run lap count?

Hello,

I'm creating videos for a couple races that I recorded via my GoPro 5 black. I've created a Lap Counter object using the 'Lap Counter - Standard' Style. I'm finding that it's counting my in-lap or post run as a lap. This results in the counter showing 1 extra lap for the total number of laps run in the race.

For example, I've got a 10 lap race, but it shows a total of 11 laps run. I've got the correct number of lap triggers, so ignoring the first lap trigger doesn't fix my issue. I just don't want to count the in-lap/post run as part of the race.

Is there an easy way to do this in RaceRender? In Dashware, there is an option to ignore last lap, but I cant find such an option within RaceRender. Please see my screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lapcounter.PNG

Hi Slipey,
    I'm not sure if my solution will help you but I use RR to manually set my start/finish and then trim out my last lap.

lastlap.PNG

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. The last lap is actually automatically generated and is the remainder of time from the last lap trigger to the end of the video. There doesn't seem to be a way to prevent the this last segment from being counted as a lap.

Unfortunately I don't use a GoPro so hopefully someone who does can help you out. In the meantime I'll give it another shot. Is it possible to right click your file and save it as a csv. Open up the csv in a text file or better yet excel and delete the last lap data. Then save the csv and import it into RR3. Finally, point the lap counter to the csv.