Thread: 2011 Camaro e38 6.2 os swap problem

Tuner in Training

2011 Camaro e38 6.2 os swap problem

Can someone help me with my issue have a 2011 Camaro ss 6.2 auto stock engine with pro charger done the 2 bar sd os swap I didn?t read or write anything with the fuel pump controller not sure if that?s my issue or not so after swap I write entire make some ve tables and try to crank car I?ll crank and run for few seconds then the airmass falls to zero and engine shuts off air fuel when this happens is 11.0 ish spark low 20?s do I need to disable the mass or or anything else causing this to shut down

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you still need to fail the MAF.

Tuner in Training

still no go

I disable the mass air still same issue I included the tune file and a log of the start up hope someone can help me figure this issue out
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need more fuel , your airmass is not right log AFR using a wideband.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    You need more fuel , your airmass is not right log AFR using a wideband.
    The air fuel is in the 11?s before it starts to die also have 80 pound injectors I haven’t changed the value in the tune because can’t even get it to run long enough and not sure where to find a flow rate to fill in that table I know they are 80 ant 43.5 psi
    Last edited by Mustang1@; 09-17-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Tuner in Training
    What’s causing the airmass to go to zero before the car dies

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang1@ View Post
    What?s causing the airmass to go to zero before the car dies
    I cant view your file due to "newer version bla bla".

I would disable the MAF Fail timers, set them to 0, not many people do this but it causes problems like this. Takes 1-2 seconds to fail the MAF as stock, so is trying to use MAF for a second or two but there isnt a value, so it uses 0. When MAF is plugged in, this is not as noticeable since it is still reading during this time.

Yours reads 0 longer than 2s but you should do it for future VE work to make a better startup.

Regarding the injectors, if you havent updated the flow table your likely getting about 2x the amount of fuel that it should be getting. With a carb you can usually tell it's flooding out, not so much with port fuel injection.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-17-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    What timers are are you suggesting to set to 0 all of the test or?

What timers are are you suggesting to set to 0 all of the test or?

Engine Diag/Airflow/Mass Airflow Sensor same area you fail the MAF. TEST ENABLE DELAY and TEST ERT MIN. They are set to 1 sec.

I've found that after a flash or ECU reset, and other times the MAF isn't failed on startup and you will get strange startup and almost a stall until the test runs then fails the MAF. Setting to 0 will allow the MAF to fail right away, and good clean startup.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Engine Diag/Airflow/Mass Airflow Sensor same area you fail the MAF. TEST ENABLE DELAY and TEST ERT MIN. They are set to 1 sec.

I've found that after a flash or ECU reset, and other times the MAF isn't failed on startup and you will get strange startup and almost a stall until the test runs then fails the MAF. Setting to 0 will allow the MAF to fail right away, and good clean startup.

Ok thanks do you think this is the cranking issue I used blue cat to dummy up a ve table using the vve table I?ve tuned to get the car running and driving just hate having to deal with the coefficients every time it?s hard to get a clean table

Tuner in Training
    Well zeroed the test for you same result not sure the issue

You will not have problems related to that now, I'm sure a lot people do who run an unplugged or way out of calibrated MAF table but after an ECU reset (before it is failed). I think that's the only time you will notice a problem with the stock timers.

Somebody else mentioned base running airflow or other start up airflow, have you messed with any of that?
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-20-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    You will not have problems related to that now, I'm sure a lot people do who run an unplugged or way out of calibrated MAF table but after an ECU reset (before it is failed). I think that's the only time you will notice a problem with the stock timers.

Somebody else mentioned base running airflow or other start up airflow, have you messed with any of that?
    No I?ve not messed with any airflow but car will not stay running even if I input throttle

No I?ve not messed with any airflow but car will not stay running even if I input throttle
    then must be fuel, either too much or too little. Do you have Iphone and just updated to IOS 12? I got the question mark just like you in place of ' due to keyboard/Smart Punctuation being turned back on.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Lol yes I do I just don?t understand why the airmass shows zero after start up

Airmass goes to zero because you have the MAF table set to all zeros. ECU is calculating zero airmass since it's referencing the MAF and it dies by lack of fuel before it starts fueling from VE table.
    GM ECUs use MAF as primary fuel source, they switch to SD only when MAF DTC is set, so you need to fail it asap. With your settings the MAF takes like 10 seconds to fail and it dies before that. It dies, you start it again and the counter resets so it will never have enough fuel to run and fail MAF.

Set the MAF table to stock and use the MAF diagnostics like the attached file (I modified the one you uploaded). This will make the MAF fail instantly and switch to VE table while the MAF stock table will allow the engine to start after a battery disconnect or ECU reflash.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Thank your very much

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Airmass goes to zero because you have the MAF table set to all zeros. ECU is calculating zero airmass since it's referencing the MAF and it dies by lack of fuel before it starts fueling from VE table.
    GM ECUs use MAF as primary fuel source, they switch to SD only when MAF DTC is set, so you need to fail it asap. With your settings the MAF takes like 10 seconds to fail and it dies before that. It dies, you start it again and the counter resets so it will never have enough fuel to run and fail MAF.

Set the MAF table to stock and use the MAF diagnostics like the attached file (I modified the one you uploaded). This will make the MAF fail instantly and switch to VE table while the MAF stock table will allow the engine to start after a battery disconnect or ECU reflash.

Well same result

Potential Tuner
    Having similar issue... Did you fix yours? Was it tuning or mechanical issue?