Thread: new here need wideband info

new here need wideband info

Hi all,
    well i am new to all of this tuning stuff, but am catching on fast. i have a 2000 transam with 2 front o2 sensors if i buy a wideband where would i get the bung welded on i am running pacesetter headers, tsp catted-y and slp loud mouth 2 cat-back. my rear o2 sensors are deleted. i was looking at plx 250 or 300 wideband. they claim they have a plug and play sensor that you install in place of your nb sensor. i don't know if it would be good to install their sensor in the end of my header, and the problem is you only get one sensor any way. if i bought the plx could i measure a 1 bank at a time and still get accurate results? i guess i am confused. if any one that has a f-body v-8 could help me with what wideband you use and where have installed the sensor and if you use one or 2 sensors. thanks

eric
    2000 Transam- SLP Lid, K&N Filter, SLP Air Induction Kit, TB Bypass, Ported TB, Stock MAF, All Free Mods, 160 T-Stat, Pacesetter Long Tubes, TSP Catted Y-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth 2 Catback, HP Tuners, UMI Performance Suspension Stuff

Advanced Tuner
    i put mine on the outside of the driver side pipe, but ill be installing another bung on the inside of the the driver side to avoid the wires dangling over the exhaust. i have a m6 and have the controller running through the shifter boot.

thanks ninobrn99. i sent you a pm i just had a couple of questions.
    2000 Transam- SLP Lid, K&N Filter, SLP Air Induction Kit, TB Bypass, Ported TB, Stock MAF, All Free Mods, 160 T-Stat, Pacesetter Long Tubes, TSP Catted Y-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth 2 Catback, HP Tuners, UMI Performance Suspension Stuff