Thread: High horsepower trail blazer ss acting crazy

Tuner in Training

Unhappy High horsepower trail blazer ss acting crazy

Hey guys, hoping someone can help with a trail blazer ss. It's a 2007, high horsepower, procharger, heads, cam, whole nine yards. He went from a 4l60 to 4l80 and that's where I came in. Got everything working and told him I would meet him at track to do wot shifts.
    Logged first pass and was at line watching when he launched, was not impressed. It looked like it left at half power, he let out of it and got right back in it and it launched like it should, 1/8th mile track, he was already at 60' by time he let out of it and got back in it, needless to say sad time for truck. Looking at scan and sure enough tps was at 50% until he let out and got back in it. Come to find out it has done this since mods were made.
    Its a sticky track so there was no tire spin at all, still I thought it might be something with safety control so I checked TM and it is disabled, thought it might be stabilitrak, he said someone unhooked right front wss at ls fest and told him that would solve it, it didn't. So I pulled fuse 61, read online that would completely deactivate stabilitrak, didn't work. Anyone have any ideals? Read thru forum, found a few articles but not really close to situation. I didn't do initial tune so I don't have the original file. I have attached file and scan, run doesn't begin until 21:56:12.4, I think he hit record a little early.
    Thanks for any and all help. Not sure where to go from here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Forgot to mention while I was tuning part throttle shifts I did go full throttle a few times at about 15 to 20 mph and truck launched like rocket, no problems at all, he said its been like that since mods, as long as your rolling no problems, but falls on face every time from dead stop. Yeah, I love finding all this out after the fact, but would like to help guy, and it has to be a valuable learning experience.

Tuner
    the high frequency maf table is all zero, is that on purpose.

Tuner in Training
    Don't really know, I came in at trans swap. When car fell on face off line, I guess I had that deer in headlight look, that's when I got the "oh yea, by the way" its been doing that since mods were made initially. I didn't do any tuning on engine, I thought it was good. That's why I needed input from more experienced tuners before I made any changes. Sorry I was so long to respond, in middle of having garage built and trying to keep up with everything.

Tuner
    Also the trans abuse torque setting is zeroed. It should be a .4, otherwise that can cause the issue you are having too. In your fueling the commaded afr is at 32, which double.(what injectors are being used) It also seems like it is set for SD only but the dynamic airflow is set to disable at 2000rpms.

Tuner in Training
    setting it at .4, will that reduce it by 40%? Should that be across the board? Have no ideal what size injectors are used. What is set for SD? I have never done a super charger, so I'm sort of lost.

Tuner
    A tune shop needs to evaluate the truck, to see the mods it has. A proper tune can be done after this.

Quote Originally Posted by FASSTRUK View Post
    Also the trans abuse torque setting is zeroed. It should be a .4, otherwise that can cause the issue you are having too. In your fueling the commaded afr is at 32, which double.(what injectors are being used) It also seems like it is set for SD only but the dynamic airflow is set to disable at 2000rpms.
    This; start here... Just set all of the abuse mode stuff back to OEM stock for now and test again.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    I haven't been able to get to blazer since 9/12. He has had health problems so I guess I am on hold. I do appreciate the input. Thanks Fasstruk and Frost, I have wrote down everything you have said, when he's back to health we are going to get back at it.

Thanks again,