Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L5P ECM Exchange Now Available!

L5P ECM Exchange Now Available!

HP Tuners exclusively presents our L5P Modified ECM Purchase and ECM Exchange Service, giving you the power to tune your 2017+ Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax. You now also have the option to either purchase a new HP Tuners Modified ECM or send us your original ECM and we will exchange it for a HP Tuners modified one. Both options give you full access to calibrate, log and scan via the OBD2 port with your MPVI2 and VCM Suite 4.3+!

You can place your order HERE, and we are SHIPPING NOW!!

L5P Modified ECM Purchase
    This option allows you to purchase an already Modified ECM from us, and you keep your original ECM. Remember, do NOT send us your ECM.

- Modified ECM Purchase: $2424.99
    - (no core needed)
    - ECM (E41) License: 10 Universal Credits

L5P Other Controllers
    In addition to our L5P E41 ECM support, you can also license the following

- TCM (T87A) License: 4 Universal Credits + Unlock

Note: No unlock is required for CCM or FICM controllers.

L5P Exchange Service
    Select this option to send us your original ECM and we will Exchange it for an already modified ECM. Remember, you MUST send us your ECM first!

- ECM Exchange Service: $1799.99
    - (send in a core, receive a modified core back)
    - ECM (E41) License: 10 Universal Credits

– Once you have placed your order and provided your VIN, you must send us your original ECM first.
    – Your ECM must be in functional, original, unopened and unmodified condition.
    – You will not receive this same ECM back as this is an exchange service only. The ECM you receive has been modified to enable tuning.

HP Tuners reserves the right to refuse exchange of any ECM sent to us as part of this service.

Notes Before You Order
    – Your modified or exchanged L5P ECM can only be tuned via the OBD2 port with HP Tuners VCM Suite 4.3+ and an MPVI2.
    – To tune your L5P ECM you require 10 Universal Credits, an MPVI2 with the latest firmware, the latest version of VCM Suite and an internet connection.
    – No other tuning or calibration tools can be used with the ECM (including dealer reflash tools).
    – VCM Scanner, dealer diagnostic and other diagnostic tools will continue to function normally.
    – VCM Suite 4.3+ can be used to return to stock calibration and/or update to the latest stock calibration.
    – Vehicle Anti-Theft System relearn by a dealer tool is required once the ECM is returned to the vehicle.
    – Please also allow at least 3 business days for this exchange service not including shipping times.
    – Requires the newest BETA software build in order to read/flash once you have received your new ECM.

Shipping
    The address to ship the ECM to for exchange is:

HP Tuners, LLC
    ATT: L5P ECM Exchange Service
    701 Dartmouth Ln
    Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Exchange Requirements
    When you send in the ECM, you MUST include the following:

- Place your order and provide your VIN HERE
    - Perform the Replace ECM Function in VCM Scanner for the stock ECM
    - Customer Name
    - Customer Address
    - Customer Contact Information (E-mail and Phone)
    - L5P ECM Exchange Service Order #
    - If you are also providing your TCM (T87a) for unlock, please also provide your order number
    - Whether the ECM is the original from the vehicle or a new spare ECM
    - Vehicle Information (Year/Make/Model)
    - Preferred UPS shipping method

If the information above is not provided with the ECM, it may delay the ECM exchange process while the missing information is acquired.
    Please ensure you follow the above instructions and the installation instructions which can be found here.

The default shipping added with the exchange service is UPS ground, however expedited shipping is available via the checkout process.

L5P Modified ECM Purchase - HP Tuners YouTube

L5P ECM Exchange - HP Tuners YouTube

NOTE: This ECM exchange service is completed at the owners risk, HP Tuners will not be responsible for the vehicle, its power-train or electronics, nor how the ECM is used, calibrated and its functionality. Should you experience any issues with your ECM, please contact [email protected] for assistance and how to proceed.

A reminder that your ECM will not be returned to you, this service is an "exchange" and you will receive another modified ECM in its place. There is no outright purchase option available at this time.

We exchange and modify ECMs as fast as we can, but initially, please allow at least 3 business days (plus the time to ship the ECM) per ECM that you send in for the exchange process to be completed.

NOTE: Any additional hardware ordered with this product will be shipped along with your exchange ECM or modified TCM. To avoid any delays should you require other hardware soon, please order that hardware separately

Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 09-06-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Any VCM Editor screen shots after the ECM swap for the L5P? Particularly the Engine Diagnostics tab?

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone one have a stock read on one of these they want to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Anyone one have a stock read on one of these they want to share?
    stock17.hpt

Here you go.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineer@hpt View Post
    stock17.hpt

here you go.
    ty

Tuner in Training
    Downloaded and tried to open the above file, every time i go to open it, VCM editor crashes.

You will need the beta software to open that file.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    You will need the beta software to open that file.
    And the MPVI2
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    Hello. I already do and exchange. I get the new ECM, 10 credit and the MPVI2. But in order to proced with the tunning it ask me for a immobilizer relean and crank relean before I can start my L5P. It is there any way to do this relearn without take my truck to the dealer? I ask you because I do the exchange with the original ECM and my truck is not running

Ok...just purchased 10 credits to license the PCM...now it's still saying 'unlicensed' PCM. Is this another case of you have to license the file...AND the PCM ?
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    Ok...just purchased 10 credits to license the PCM...now it's still saying 'unlicensed' PCM. Is this another case of you have to license the file...AND the PCM ?
    Lyndon please open a support ticket, assuming you are using the file read from the ecm as your base file there should be no reason it would say the ecm is unlicensed so we'll need to look into your case individually.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Can we please get some screen shots or the ability to open a file to go through the mapped definitions without a MPVI2 ? I would like to at least know what we are getting before spending $4k+ to even have the ability.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Can we please get some screen shots or the ability to open a file to go through the mapped definitions without a MPVI2 ? I would like to at least know what we are getting before spending $4k+ to even have the ability.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Thanks that's a start, I guess I really just need to order a MPVI2 to go through a file myself to see for sure.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Thanks that's a start, I guess I really just need to order a MPVI2 to go through a file myself to see for sure.
    yeah I believe there's over 500 tables, thats alot of screenshots.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    yeah I believe there's over 500 tables, thats alot of screenshots.
    Thanks for the information that makes me feel more convinced there’s some useful stuff mapped out

Anyone have power gains to share?

Tuner in Training
    ECM exchange question-
    Can the L5P ECM we send in be from a different L5P truck or does it have to be the actual ECU out of our truck?

It will have to be a functional L5P ECM but does not have to be the one from the vehicle.

I purchased a new L5P ECM for my truck, does it have to be programmed before sending in for the exchange service?
    Rick Crawford
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    11.65 @118.55 1.72 60ft DoD cam, 2600 stall, Crawford ported heads and intake, stock wheels and BFG-KDW tires
    9.95 @134.9 388, 3.45 gear, stock 6L80e ALL Motor!!
    [email protected] 417 LSA Blower-Only, 6L80e, 3.45