Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZF 9 Speed Transmission Programming

Tuner

ZF 9 Speed Transmission Programming

Purchased 4 additional credits to unlock the TCM on my 2016 Cherokee V6 3.2L

Needed to use the Beta software(4.1.476) to be able to properly read the trans file.

I"m able to read the ECM and TCM however i'm not seeing any additional options for the transmission other than the 2 tabs as pictured below. Am I doing something wrong?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you in "Advanced View"?

Tuner
    Yes as confirmed in the Edit -> View section

You TCM may not yet have a definition file. Could you email your TCM read in with an Infolog to [email protected] so we can get that added for you ASAP?
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    You TCM may not yet have a definition file. Could you email your TCM read in with an Infolog to [email protected] so we can get that added for you ASAP?
    I did have issues even reading the file to begin with and did submit a ticket. #143977

That did allow me to read and open the files (Had to use the Beta Software) Once I get home I"ll take a read of the TCM file only and send it in.

Thanks for the quick reply

Tuner
    Heard back from HP Tuners, thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately at this time there is no definition file for this trans so patiently waiting for the next release when it's supported

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
    Heard back from HP Tuners, thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately at this time there is no definition file for this trans so patiently waiting for the next release when it's supported
    Got it into the queue! Hopefully be done sometime Monday or Tuesday. We'll email you when its complete!

Tuner
    Patiently waiting. Got my unlocked PCM installed and started making some PCM changes, can't wait for the TCM to work

Tuner
    With the lastest Beta 4.1.637 Beta no changes, still won't read my TCM file on my 2016 Cherokee

Tuner
    Just tried the 4.1.646 Beta with the same results, no definition file

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2015 200s 3.6 and I'm having the same issue . I sent my log file in as well.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbobuick View Post
    I have a 2015 200s 3.6 and I'm having the same issue . I sent my log file in as well.
    I know you!

Tuner
    Newest beta of the software allows me to read the TCM in my 2016 Cherokee no problems. OS Version 68312133AC
    I also have a 2014 Cherokee with the same trans, however I get an error message just like before my 2016 was supported. OS version is 68241136AE

My guess is that there are a bunch of different OS versions for the TCM and HP Tuners needs some more definition files to get it working.

Regardless it works, the next question is with this being so new, who wants to take a stab at a tune for my 9 Speed?

Tuner
    This is more for info to help HP Tuners here is the OS versions for all the TCMs i've read on various cherokees, however since I read these TCMS with previous versions i'll have to try reading them with the newest Beta. What's interesting is the 2016 I read before didn't work, but not does with the newest Beta

My 2014 Limited= 68241136AE = Does not read in HP Tuners
    Friends 2014 Trailhawk = 68241136AA = Does not read in HP Tuners
    Friends 2016 Trailhawk = 68312133AD = Readable in HP Tuners
    My 2016 Trailhawk = 68312133AC = Readable in HP Tuners
    Friends 2017 Trailhawk = 68325006AG = Not Readable in HP Tuners

Tuner
    This is more for info to help HP Tuners here is the OS versions for all the TCMs i've read on various cherokees, however since I read these TCMS with previous versions i'll have to try reading them with the newest Beta. What's interesting is the 2016 I read before didn't work, but not does with the newest Beta

My 2014 Limited= 68241136AE = Does not read in HP Tuners
    Friends 2014 Trailhawk = 68241136AA = Does not read in HP Tuners
    Friends 2016 Trailhawk = 68312133AD = Readable in HP Tuners
    My 2016 Trailhawk = 68312133AC = Readable in HP Tuners
    Friends 2017 Trailhawk = 68325006AG = Not Readable in HP Tuners

Friends 2014 Trailhawk = 68241136AA

I had access to this vehicle yesterday and read the TCM with the newest Beta and HP Tuners still won't read this version of the TCM, I provided HP Tuners with the file and all other relevant info. I'll try to get as many reads as I can on this 9 Speed so HP Tuners has a bunch of definition files.

Tuner
    Tried the most recent beta 4.3.236

My 2014 Limited= 68241136AE

Still not able to load the file, waiting for the next release

Tried the most recent beta 4.3.236

My 2014 Limited= 68241136AE

Still not able to load the file, waiting for the next release
    Please open up a ticket with the file you want supported.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Please open up a ticket with the file you want supported.
    I already have a ticket open for the vehicle above.

I just saw a new version had been released and thought I would give it a try, do you want me to make a new ticket up.

You can reference 161383

Tuner in Training
    Had a MPVi and tried to read the trans file . After a lot of back and forth with tech , I was told only an MPVI2 can read my trans files . I was told it was supported and I would have to upgrade . I paid the cash and got my interface upgrade today .
    After a read of the trans file I was greeted to this message :

" Definition failed to load. You will be unable to edit this file
    Please e-mail this file to [email protected] with a VCM
    Suite Info log. "

How has this trans been supported since last year , but nobody but one guy can read it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trbobuick View Post
    Had a MPVi and tried to read the trans file . After a lot of back and forth with tech , I was told only an MPVI2 can read my trans files . I was told it was supported and I would have to upgrade . I paid the cash and got my interface upgrade today .
    After a read of the trans file I was greeted to this message :

" Definition failed to load. You will be unable to edit this file
    Please e-mail this file to [email protected] with a VCM
    Suite Info log. "

How has this trans been supported since last year , but nobody but one guy can read it ?
    Not every single operating system is defined (especially considering Dodge pushes out new ones all the time).
    If you follow the instructions and get the file emailed into support, we can that operating system defined.

Thanks to Tyler-98-W68, we've been adding a lot we didn't have (possibly because he's in Canada and they may use different calibrations), but we still aren't going to have all of them.

That said, we do in fact support the controller itself, so as long as we can get the read file. You did in fact read it, its just missing the definition. You just cant edit it yet until we map it out, which is why the dialog box tells you to email the file to us.