Thread: need help for friend with 06 gt cai/ bbk twin 62mm tb, and catback

Tuner in Training

need help for friend with 06 gt cai/ bbk twin 62mm tb, and catback

Good evening, I am looking for some help. Back story.... My wife has a 19yr old co-worker that has a 06 gt that he just installed a cai, bbk twin 62mm tb, and catback exhaust. He was going to take it to a shop to get it tuned and they were wanting $500. This is where I come in. I tune my own stuff (gm) so I figured I would help him out and give it a shot at working on his tune and save him $400 (he is just paying for credits). After reading his tune, it is completely different from the GM. The car runs fine, but the idle is a little rough and wont return to idle right, especially in traffic.

Can someone look at thethens mustang.hpte tune and tell me what I should change? trying to help out a young car enthusiast. Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Why would you expect it to be anything like GM? Totally different strategy. I would recommend refunding him the money and letting someone reputable do it if you're not willing to take the time to read and want someone to just tell you what to change. Not trying to be a dick, but don't take people's money if you don't have any idea what you're doing.

You will tune the MAF in the same manner you do GM. Applying a change to the MAF voltage table using trims or a wideband. That should get your fueling in line and help it idle a lot better.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I am not charging him. I was upfront with him and told him ill do some reading and asking in the forums. I figured the principles are the same, just have to know what tables to modify.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a datalog? What CAI did he go with? The aftermarket throttle body will need to be calibrated.

Tuner in Training
    SR performance cai. I dont have a datalog yet. Ill should be logging today in the evening. Thanks