Thread: newb, would like some help

Tuner in Training

newb, would like some help

hello guys I decided to buy this hp tuners and start tuning my cars, I plan on building a mustang and ls swap it and do my own tuning, I have a 2007.5 Silverado 5.3 nnbs and did some tweaking to tq management and the pe and little stuff, can you guys guide me in the right direction see if I'm going the right way, I been doing a lot of reading and also bought the erm guide which is great by the way, but just want to know if I'm doing good or not, truck does feel way better with just tq removed , I can actually do a power brake burnout now but it feels sluggish on 2 gear or maybe its just me, well I recorded a log don't know if I did it right but let me try posting it, I also have a aem wideband ill try to get some more recordings after work if you all can help me set up the charts and what I need to get right readings and go from there, thanks a lot all help is really appreciate it. I will attach the log I guess and the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you add knock retard to your logs. You'll want to see if there is knock and see where it's pulling timing. It seems the computer is already pulling timing on you based on the way the timing drops down to 12-14 degrees.

87 octane will limit you too, it more prone to knock on that fuel. Running mid grade 89 seems to help a lot.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I will add timing retard logs tomorrow, other than that does
    The tq management look good?
    I also plugged in the wideband and started logging the short term fuel and started messing with the maf table, seems to gotten a little bit better, i will update with the loggs tomorrow, thank you 5FPD
    *oh and yeah im running 92 octane.