Thread: Fuel pressure info deka 80lb rescale or not?

Tuner in Training

Fuel pressure info deka 80lb rescale or not?

Hi I know that adding fuel pressure to your 80lb deka injectors you can get a little extra out of them. if I wanted to crank my fuel system up to a hundred PSI or 90 PSI do I have to add a new flow rate in my tune? At about 600hp at 86% injector duty. Was wanting to press the limit cause my bosch 210s really stuck at drivable.

I highly doubt the injector will function properly at 90-100psi, they were never designed to run that high.

I'd say going to 60-65psi is okay as that barely above the factory 58psi that most GM LS engines call for.

Yes you must change the flow rate if you increase the pressure, the computer needs to know that. Then re-tune as required. How rich you run and how far you want to push the duty cycle will determine your maximum horsepower limit of those injectors. I've seen many people go past 700 horsepower on just pump gas with 80lb/hr injectors.

With some crude math you'd only need 60-65lb/hr injectors to do 700ish wheel horsepower on pump gas and 78-80lb/hr injectors for E85. This is with a roughly 90-95% duty cycle which is about as far as I take it.

Going up a little bit to say 65psi would allow for closer to 775whp on E85. Lots of variables here but a good estimate.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thank you

EC_Tune IFR calculator worksheet

Here is a great calculator EC_Tune put up several years ago. I did find a small issue with the E38/67 chart and seeing as the worksheet was locked, I generated a second tab for those....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]