Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE - MPVI to MPVI2 Now Available

Please advise, i have both MPVI1 and MPVI2 now... The question is - if i can use my MPVI2 to tune some of the cars which been tuned by MPVI1 long time ago?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Please advise, i have both MPVI1 and MPVI2 now... The question is - if i can use my MPVI2 to tune some of the cars which been tuned by MPVI1 long time ago?
    No.

If you want to combine your MPVI1 licenses onto your MPVI2 please open a support ticket here for instructions
    https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No.

If you want to combine your MPVI1 licenses onto your MPVI2 please open a support ticket here for instructions
    https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    Is there a way to get credit if I currently own an MVPI1 pro and purchased the MVPI2 pro for full price? I was unaware of there being a discount for current owners when I purchased the new setup earlier this week.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Is there a way to get credit if I currently own an MVPI1 pro and purchased the MVPI2 pro for full price? I was unaware of there being a discount for current owners when I purchased the new setup earlier this week.
    Combining MPVI1/MPVI2 interfaces is a free service we offer.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Combining MPVI1/MPVI2 interfaces is a free service we offer.
    What I meant by credit is, I paid full price when I should have only paid the upgrade fee. I was unaware when purchasing the MVPI2 that there was an upgrade path that was significantly cheaper than buying the MVPI2 pro outright. You currently have both of my cables consolidating them and I purchased the MVPI2 last week.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Advanced Tuner
    Regarding the feature of being able to edit and save files without licensing, how is this communicated to your Suite program? I have a MVPI1 Pro and a MVPI1 standard. One is semi permanently wired to one of my vehicles and i would like to leave it there. If you buy a MVPI2, does it sync to your software, and that gives you permission to edit/save any file, even if you still have a MVPI1 being used?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    Regarding the feature of being able to edit and save files without licensing, how is this communicated to your Suite program? I have a MVPI1 Pro and a MVPI1 standard. One is semi permanently wired to one of my vehicles and i would like to leave it there. If you buy a MVPI2, does it sync to your software, and that gives you permission to edit/save any file, even if you still have a MVPI1 being used?
    From what I am reading only MPVI 2 has this ability the older ones do not.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xx_ed_xx View Post
    I would say correct. I don't remember being able to modify others files without licensing prior to owning an MPVI2. If you're running 4.4.4 and above, download a file from the repository, make a change and then try to save it. If you cannot save it, then you will need to upgrade to the MPVI2 in order to do so. I do this regularly with my MPVI2...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by xx_ed_xx View Post
    Correct, only MPVI2 owners have the ability to save files without needing to license them first.

I currently have two MPVI Pro registered to my account. Is it possible to transfer all of my existing used and unused credits to a new MPVI2? Is there a Pro version yet? I would like to be able to log my boost levels.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlazer SS AWD View Post
    I currently have two MPVI Pro registered to my account. Is it possible to transfer all of my existing used and unused credits to a new MPVI2? Is there a Pro version yet? I would like to be able to log my boost levels.
    Yes, open a support ticket and we'll walk you through the process. Yes the pro feature set was released a couple of years ago.

Tuner in Training
    So I have owned this product for 2 years now. When will the datalogging of the pro features finally come out? I honestly cannot understand what this co.pany is doing if not doing the work people have already paid for. I honestly believe you should be offering refunds or doing your goddamned jobs and start getting us what we paid for.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaGeneticsBank View Post
    So I have owned this product for 2 years now. When will the datalogging of the pro features finally come out? I honestly cannot understand what this co.pany is doing if not doing the work people have already paid for. I honestly believe you should be offering refunds or doing your goddamned jobs and start getting us what we paid for.
    Honestly people NEEDED the pro link cable functionality before standalone datalogging so it was quickly pushed out to appease those shops that it was 100% absolutely necessary. We are working on getting standalone datalogging working, tested & released but currently have no set eta for that feature.

Tuner in Training
    the problem still is that people paid for these features..... i dont understand why HPTuners keeps acting like that part doesnt matter.

can you imagine if all payments were withheld UNTIL the promised features were delivered?

ok HPTuners, you get $0.00 until all features are completed, until that day we have NO ETA as to when you will receive any payments.

if they were thinking, they would remove all the features from the list that arent completed and add them back once they are completed.

i love the HPTuners device, but the bait and switch sales tactics make me sick. Also the constant NO ETA flag waving doesnt help anyone...if anything it just says we dont care if you paid for things we promised years ago.

the time is past for clarification of these features on some type of timeline. honestly the MPVI3 should be in development at this point.

can we get someone to give the community a STATUS UPDATE on the promised features...something like.. %88 completed on this feature, %50 on this one....or maybe we are finishing the testing on this and should have an announcement in 3 months....or anything.

Tuner in Training
    Nobody needs standalone datalogging. Even if that feature was functional and enabled, I'd bet at least 85% of HPT users would never use it. I've made it through almost 8 years of tuning semi-professionally, and I've never needed it. The only time I would even consider using it is if I were at the track with a customer, and even then it's still easier to just leave my laptop in my passenger seat vs having to plug in, download the file, etc.

HPT was basically forced to release the MPVI2 before everything was ready, as they couldn't get the original interface made anymore. They did what they had to do, and were very up front with customers about what was not available when it was released. They're also not as big of a company as a lot of people think they are (Bill I'm sure you remember Patrick Burris, he's a close friend of 18yrs) and they can't just get things done overnight.

To call anything they've done with the MPVI2 "bait and switch" is asinine at best, especially when you're bitching about a niche use feature that in no way effects the main usage of their product. Releasing support for more vehicles is much more important than standalone datalogging, and I'm sure they are allocating their time and resources accordingly. As for "the MPVI3 should be in development at this point" - why? The 2 does everything they need it to, why would they waste time/money/resources on something that's not needed? That's not how companies run their businesses, and for good reason.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Slow GTO View Post
    Nobody needs standalone datalogging. Even if that feature was functional and enabled, I'd bet at least 85% of HPT users would never use it. I've made it through almost 8 years of tuning semi-professionally, and I've never needed it. The only time I would even consider using it is if I were at the track with a customer, and even then it's still easier to just leave my laptop in my passenger seat vs having to plug in, download the file, etc.

HPT was basically forced to release the MPVI2 before everything was ready, as they couldn't get the original interface made anymore. They did what they had to do, and were very up front with customers about what was not available when it was released. They're also not as big of a company as a lot of people think they are (Bill I'm sure you remember Patrick Burris, he's a close friend of 18yrs) and they can't just get things done overnight.

To call anything they've done with the MPVI2 "bait and switch" is asinine at best, especially when you're bitching about a niche use feature that in no way effects the main usage of their product. Releasing support for more vehicles is much more important than standalone datalogging, and I'm sure they are allocating their time and resources accordingly. As for "the MPVI3 should be in development at this point" - why? The 2 does everything they need it to, why would they waste time/money/resources on something that's not needed? That's not how companies run their businesses, and for good reason.
    AMEN!

I dont use it either. Couldnt log more than a few channels with the old MPVI anyway so that feature was basically useless to me. And ummm... I DONT THINK ANYONE ELSE OFFERS STAND-ALONE LOGGING EITHER (well... for a vehicle equipped with a factory style EFI system, at least). When I tried the feature with my old MPVI, it got to a bit cumbersome to have to download files from it, just to find out all of your channels didnt log. So I stuck to just using my laptop to log...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    I installed the updated beta on newer pc and noticed that I can not edit/save files coming from my friends car. I was able to do that on my old pc using mpvi1. Have we removed that feature and needs to upgrade to MPVI2?

Also, if I upgrade online. Would I will able to edit/save files right away or after I receive my Upgraded MPVI2
    Last edited by sgoyal; 09-02-2020 at 07:04 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    I installed the updated beta on newer pc and noticed that I can not edit/save files coming from my friends car. I was able to do that on my old pc using mpvi1. Have we removed that feature and needs to upgrade to MPVI2?

Also, if I upgrade online. Would I will able to edit/save files right away or after I receive my Upgraded MPVI2
    You always needed a license to edit/save files with the MPVI1 and this will never change.

Only after you have an MPVI2 in your possession would you be able to edit/save files without having a license for them.

Potential Tuner
    When sending back the old MPVI, do i send the 2 cables back with it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrblkz24 View Post
    When sending back the old MPVI, do i send the 2 cables back with it?
    no