Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE - MPVI to MPVI2 Now Available

UPGRADE - MPVI to MPVI2 Now Available

Interface Upgrade MPVI to MPVI2

HP Tuners presents our MPVI2 Upgrade Service, allowing you to upgrade your existing MPVI Standard or MPVI Pro interface to the latest MPVI2 interface hardware.

Please note you must add your MPVI Standard or Pro device to your My Account / My Devices page HERE first to upgrade.

Benefits of the MPVI2

• New vehicle support including Audi, VW, Ford EECV, GM L5P Diesel, Infiniti, Jaguar, Landrover, Mercedes, Nissan, and Toyota.
    • Support for Universal Credits (no more GM, Ford, Dodge specific credits).
    • Online licensing (no need to insure your MPVI2 for cost of licenses).
    • Direct molded OBD2 connector.
    • Optional OBD2 extension cables.
    • 8GB internal memory.
    • Expansion Port connection.
    • HPT file Edit and Save without license.
    • Bluetooth connection.
    • Pro Feature Set (software license upgrade, release TBA).
    • Standalone Flashing (release TBA).
    • Standalone Data Logging (release TBA).

Please see the MPVI2 Feature FAQ for further details
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...I2-Upgrade-FAQ

Important things to consider when upgrading your existing MPVI Standard or Pro to MPVI2:

Upgrading from MPVI Standard

• MPVI2 includes all the functionality of the MPVI Standard interface
    • Additional features as described above
    • MPVI Standard to MPVI2 upgrade customers can purchase the Pro Feature at any time set once it becomes available

Upgrading from MPVI Pro

• MPVI2 does not include Enhanced I/O or Standalone Data Logging features of the MPVI Pro
    • Enhanced I/O functionality will be enabled by expansion devices (release expected Nov 2018)
    • All customers upgrading from MPVI Pro to MPVI2 will receive the Pro Feature set free of charge (required for expansion devices)

NOTE:
    Please DO NOT upgrade to MPVI2 at this time if you require Standalone Data Logging functionality. You may purchase an MPVI2 to use alongside your existing MPVI Pro and then at a later date return your MPVI Pro to have the licenses combined to your MPVI2 (free of charge).

Please see the MPVI2 Upgrade FAQ for further details
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...I2-Upgrade-FAQ

The MPVI Pro or Standard interface must be fully functional to be eligible for upgrade. HP Tuners reserves the right to refuse any interface upgrade.

Upgrade Process

1. Backup your MPVI Pro or Standard interface licenses online by choosing Help -> Resync Interface, from VCM Editor
    2. Login to your HP Tuners account My Devices menu and select Upgrade with the MPVI you wish to upgrade
    3. Complete your order
    4. Ship your MPVI Pro or Standard interface to the address below and include your order number on the outside of the box

Shipping

The address to ship the MPVI Pro or Standard for the interface upgrade is:

HP Tuners LLC

RE: Interface Upgrade
    700 Eastwood Ln
    Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
    NOTE:
    Please allow at least 3 business days for the transfer to be completed and your new interface to be shipped back to you.

The default shipping added with the upgrade service is UPS ground, however expedited shipping is available via the checkout process.

You will not receive your MPVI1 back.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 01-07-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Tuner
    I paid for the upgrade today. Can I wait to send in my MPVI pro until the pro and expansion devices are available?

What if we needed the Mpvi2 before the upgrade was available and purchased at full price?

How can we combine our mpvi1 and mpvi2 licenses?

What's the process for upgrading more than one module? I have 3 pro modules I was hoping to combine into the single module.

Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    I paid for the upgrade today. Can I wait to send in my MPVI pro until the pro and expansion devices are available?
    sure, just remember your order number for later when you send it in
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    What if we needed the Mpvi2 before the upgrade was available and purchased at full price?

How can we combine our mpvi1 and mpvi2 licenses?
    Please open a ticket with support. You will need to send in both interfaces to combine them at this stage.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by scottie1134 View Post
    What's the process for upgrading more than one module? I have 3 pro modules I was hoping to combine into the single module.
    Order the upgrade for one of the interfaces and send all three in, put a note in the box describing you want all three combined to the MPVI2.
    I count sheep in hex...

Will do. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Potential Tuner
    Is there an option to send it to your Australian supplier for this to happen? Or is it only via the address you've supplied at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGS View Post
    Is there an option to send it to your Australian supplier for this to happen? Or is it only via the address you've supplied at this stage
    Yes, VCM Performance can perform the upgrades locally. Many of their customers have already upgraded.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    I just received my MPVI2 Pro upgrade and I sure like the compactness of this new interface. The BT and track addict is a nice touch as well.

My question is, how will HP tuners know to send me the Pro-link when my invoice says the upgrade order is complete? Technically the upgrade is still pending as the Pro-link (I understand that it will ship when available and I have no immediate need for it until spring of 2019) has not yet been provided. Is this being tracked by HP internally (i.e. if you upgraded you are automatically put on a waiting list for the Pro-link).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I just received my MPVI2 Pro upgrade and I sure like the compactness of this new interface. The BT and track addict is a nice touch as well.

My question is, how will HP tuners know to send me the Pro-link when my invoice says the upgrade order is complete? Technically the upgrade is still pending as the Pro-link (I understand that it will ship when available and I have no immediate need for it until spring of 2019) has not yet been provided. Is this being tracked by HP internally (i.e. if you upgraded you are automatically put on a waiting list for the Pro-link).
    You will need to contact support directly once they are available for purchase.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I purchased a pro mpvi1 to have the analog inputs. I also have the standard version MPVI1. with the new MPV2, will I be able to combine both tuners and upgrade for 1 price as the credits are now universal? I know the expander hub will be another purchase and im fine with that. I know the tuners could not be combined before but what about with the new MPVI2?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SosCulero View Post
    I purchased a pro mpvi1 to have the analog inputs. I also have the standard version MPVI1. with the new MPV2, will I be able to combine both tuners and upgrade for 1 price as the credits are now universal? I know the expander hub will be another purchase and im fine with that. I know the tuners could not be combined before but what about with the new MPVI2?
    Yes, you can combine multiple MPVI1's into an MPVI2 when upgrading.

I have a pro if I upgrade now will it automatically ship with the pro feature if theyre in stock?? or do I have to contact support as well?
    2017 mustang gt

Advanced Tuner
    Per Bill's instruction, I contacted support (generated a ticket) shortly after receiving my MPVI2 interface upgrade (i.e. MPVI1 pro to MPVI2 pro). HPT set me up with an invoice for the shipping cost of the pro-link. The invoice was in my HPT account and all I had to do was hit the pay button.

If you do generate a ticket, be sure to include the order number from your upgrade and SN of the MPVI2 as it will help them confirm you get the pro-link free of charge (again this is for MPVI1 pro to MPVI2 pro upgrade)...except for shipping. The pro-link was on backorder when I contacted support but after a couple of days I received a response to my ticket and it just so happened the pro-link was no longer showing up on the site as on backorder.

Tuner in Training
    If you do upgrade now expander will ship with MPVI2 and no other action is needed.

Advanced Tuner
    Expander hub (still not available) does not come with the MPVI2 pro upgrade...it is the pro-link that comes with the upgrade.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Expander hub (still not available) does not come with the MPVI2 pro upgrade...it is the pro-link that comes with the upgrade.
    Correct, expander hub is not free and also is not available currently.

I just received my MPVI2 Pro pigtail but I cannot find a wiring diagram for it. Can anyone assist?