Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE - MPVI to MPVI2 Now Available

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I just received my MPVI2 Pro pigtail but I cannot find a wiring diagram for it. Can anyone assist?
    Info is located here:

https://www.hptuners.com/pub/Pro_Link_v1.pdf

Advanced Tuner
    Just received mine as well. I am in the process of 3D printing a different housing for the pro-link as I am not a fan of the heatshrink. This is design is kind of clunky but better than shrinkwrap. I will post the thingiverse link with the Cad for the housing shortly if anyone is interested. I just want to make sure it prints fine and works before I do.

Cover.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 12-21-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Got it ... thank you JimTA.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, now that the MPVI2 Pro is updated and the Pro Link cable is available, I want to update my MPVI Pro after syncing my info. I tried the various UPGRADE links but they haven't been updated yet.

My question is: Is there a way to do it now or wait for the web links to be updated?

dougbert

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougbert View Post
    Ok, now that the MPVI2 Pro is updated and the Pro Link cable is available, I want to update my MPVI Pro after syncing my info. I tried the various UPGRADE links but they haven't been updated yet.

My question is: Is there a way to do it now or wait for the web links to be updated?

dougbert
    None of the links are broken to my knowledge and the process is working fine.

If you need to upgrade from MPVI1 to MPVI2 you can do that on your devices page

If you need to upgrade from MPVI2 standard to MPVI2 pro you can do that on your devices page.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    None of the links are broken to my knowledge and the process is working fine.

If you need to upgrade from MPVI1 to MPVI2 you can do that on your devices page

If you need to upgrade from MPVI2 standard to MPVI2 pro you can do that on your devices page.

I want to upgrade from MPVI1 Pro to MPVI2 Pro

Is that the $189 upgrade cost in the link?

UPDATE: Okay Q8 has that as

Q8. How much does the MPVI Standard or Pro to MPVI2 upgrade cost?
    A8. $189. Additionally, MPVI Pro upgrades will receive the MPVI2 Pro Feature Set at no extra cost (value $249).

got it thx

dougbert

Advanced Tuner
    A few questions.

1. Does the MPVI2 require a specific version of VCM Suite?

2. How does the MPVI2 interface with an Android? An app? Do you have any app info?

3. When the MPVI2 is cabled to a laptop during scanning, can I assume a USB WB connection will still work with the scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    1. No...although I am not sure about any VCM software version that is pre-version 4. Although if you are running 3 you will be missing out on some of the PID mapping that is added as HP improves the software.

2. The interface is via bluetooth and the app is track addict.
    https://www.hptuners.com/product/trackaddict-app/

3. What do you mean by USB WB? The MPVI2 connected via PC with USB works the same MPVI1.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the info.

As for USB, you can currently connect a WB02 via USB to a laptop while scanning. I expect this will still work when using the MPVI2, but I thought I should ask.

Advanced Tuner
    For wideband, you connect either the pro-link (now available) or you can get a an AEM OBD

https://thetuningschool.com/products...ideband-bundle

or apparently you can use an RS232 to USB adapter.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...l#post19997337

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post

or apparently you can use an RS232 to USB adapter.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...l#post19997337
    This is the method I was referring to. I'm wondering if switching to the MPVI2 will change that functionality.

Advanced Tuner
    Most likely no difference as the software is the same.

Advanced Tuner
    That's what I was thinking. But crazy things sometimes happen so I wanted to get an official answer.

Advanced Tuner
    I suppose Bill is on Christmas vacation.

Tuner in Training
    I placed my order for the upgrade and will be shipping my MPVI1 Pro out wednesday morning. Do i need to send in the cables also or just the MPVI1 Pro by itself, should I hold on to the OBD2 to USB and USB-A to USB-B cables?

Advanced Tuner
    And how long is the turn-around for upgrades?

I kept my cables I just sent the interface alone. For me it took a week since I shipped it to get it back just depends on the shipping you chose. They got it on a friday and they shipped it back to me that following Monday. But to be safe I'd say give it a 2 3 day turn around time plus shipping days.
    2017 mustang gt

Advanced Tuner
    No need to keep the cable and EIO plug from the MPVI1 as they will not work on the MPVI2. As for turnaround my MPVI2 shipped a couple of days after HP tuners received my MPVI1.

Did you get an update saying that they received it and it shipped?

Advanced Tuner
    I did not receive a notification that they received the old unit (although HP did send a reminder that I needed to ship the MPVI1) but I did receive notification that the MPVI2 shipped. In fact, if you log into your account you should be able to see details on whether the MPVI2 shipped.