Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE - MPVI to MPVI2 Now Available

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoky68 View Post
    Did you get an update saying that they received it and it shipped?
    You will receive an email stating that your order is complete and will include a tracking number in the same email. Turn around is real fast. I overnighted my MPVI last Thursday and USPS lost the package for some reason and tried to deliver it on Saturday (HP Tuners office is closed on weekends). My MPVI got there on Monday and they were able to transfer the credits/license and send the MPVI2 out the same day. I got my MPVI2 on Wednesday as I choose 2nd day air.
    Last edited by quaalude; 01-18-2019 at 02:24 PM.

11.962 @ 117.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & stock tune - 2/25/16
    12.214 @ 115.22mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V5 dyno tune - 4/21/16
    12.057 @ 115.97mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V6 tune - 2/3/17
    12.067 @ 116.30mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, midpipes, X-pipe, & EC V7 header tune - 3/25/18
    11.844 @ 119.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, Quaalude midpipes w/Mag. cats & Vibrant mufflers, X-pipe, & Quaalude HP Tuner tune - 12/6/18

Is the PROLINK shipping with a hard case yet, or still shrink wrap?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by griffincox View Post
    Is the PROLINK shipping with a hard case yet, or still shrink wrap?
    Still shrink wrap for the time being.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    How can you check the status of an upgrade if you have an order number?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    How can you check the status of an upgrade if you have an order number?
    Has it been over 5 business days? 3 for us + shipping time to get to you...

Advanced Tuner
    If it has, the status should appear when you go into your account and look at your order history.

Looking to upgrade the MPVI to a MVPI2 and can't seem to locate the answer.

Does the Interface Upgrade MPVI to MPVI2 ($189) enable wide band tuning or is the Upgrade MPVI1 to MPVI2 with Pro Feature ($438.99) include the wide band tuning.

I'm pretty new to this and just want to make sure prior to ordering.

Thanks,
    03 Silverado | TSP 6.3l w/ B&M 4l80e | RideTech

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pro feature set would allow you to connect a wideband to your MPVI2

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Pro feature set would allow you to connect a wideband to your MPVI2
    Thank you.
    03 Silverado | TSP 6.3l w/ B&M 4l80e | RideTech

I am getting ready to upgrade from my MPVI1 Pro to MPVI2 Pro, and have added my interface to my account/my device. it shows my s/n, license info and credits.
    now, i am trying the first step listed on the first page here on how to upgrade, and it is getting me nowhere.

i have my interface connected to my laptop as i do this.

maybe i don't need to do this step since all my info is in my account? thanks.
    04GTO IBM/blue/M12/3.46
    show-MPD Scorpio hood,cutout/quadtips,06-tails/doorlock button,JHP gauges,Monaro ftrest/Sport wheel,Pioneer Avic,rt530,Grafxwerks, stgg'd 18" Thruxtons
    go-forged ls2 447, MAST 295 70cc, 11.68:1scr, ported FAST102/NW102, jegten cam/tune,Lunati,160 tstat,Cloyes, Decca 60#, Kooks SS/catless,JBA cb,Taylor bluewires,OTRCAI,NGK TR6,GMM R/S/TSS-oemknob,Brembos/BaerSS lines, blue AMW cc,SLP-skid plate/udp, Monster3,IngallsETD,Lovells,Hotchkis,RevShift,HPTu ners/PLX.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jegten View Post
    I am getting ready to upgrade from my MPVI1 Pro to MPVI2 Pro, and have added my interface to my account/my device. it shows my s/n, license info and credits.
    now, i am trying the first step listed on the first page here on how to upgrade, and it is getting me nowhere.

i have my interface connected to my laptop as i do this.

maybe i don't need to do this step since all my info is in my account? thanks.
    Sorry, what "first step" are you referring to exactly? Backing up your licenses? Are you receiving an error message of some sort?

So, funny thing happened....

I packaged up my MPVI and sent it out from the local pack and ship store.....

Only to realize a couple of hours later that I did not include the order number.

Am I screwed here, Bill?
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stewart View Post
    So, funny thing happened....

I packaged up my MPVI and sent it out from the local pack and ship store.....

Only to realize a couple of hours later that I did not include the order number.

Am I screwed here, Bill?
    Very possibly, we typically reject packages that don't have an RMA or order number on them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Just received mine as well. I am in the process of 3D printing a different housing for the pro-link as I am not a fan of the heatshrink. This is design is kind of clunky but better than shrinkwrap. I will post the thingiverse link with the Cad for the housing shortly if anyone is interested. I just want to make sure it prints fine and works before I do.

Attachment 85508
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the housing I printed. If anyone is interested I will post the CAD on thingiverse so you can print/modify as you like.
    top.JPGside.JPG

Here is the link to the files.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3470701
    Last edited by Homer; 03-05-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Sorry, what "first step" are you referring to exactly? Backing up your licenses? Are you receiving an error message of some sort?
    What "first step"?
    as i mentioned before, from the first page here in this thread. See boldfaced and underlined-
    "Upgrade Process

1.Backup your MPVI Pro or Standard interface licenses online by choosing Help -> Resync Interface, from VCM Editor

2.Login to your HP Tuners account My Devices menu and select Upgrade with the MPVI you wish to upgrade
    3.Complete your order
    4.Ship your MPVI Pro or Standard interface to the address below and include your order number on the outside of the box"

After following the steps of the above particular 1st step, there is not a "Resync Interface" or anything similar to this to choose from or click from the pop up window.

So, there are not any "error messages", just that the option of "Resync Interface" is missing or not showing.

I have already done and completed step 2.

as I asked before, maybe I do not need it since my account is created on your website, and added on my devices?

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by jegten; 03-16-2019 at 01:28 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jegten View Post
    What "first step"?
    as i mentioned before, from the first page here in this thread. See boldfaced and underlined-
    "Upgrade Process

1.Backup your MPVI Pro or Standard interface licenses online by choosing Help -> Resync Interface, from VCM Editor

2.Login to your HP Tuners account My Devices menu and select Upgrade with the MPVI you wish to upgrade
    3.Complete your order
    4.Ship your MPVI Pro or Standard interface to the address below and include your order number on the outside of the box"

After following the steps of the above particular 1st step, there is not a "Resync Interface" or anything similar to this to choose from or click from the pop up window.

So, there are not any "error messages", just that the option of "Resync Interface" is missing or not showing.

I have already done and completed step 2.

as I asked before, maybe I do not need it since my account is created on your website, and added on my devices?

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks for the reply.
    Sounds like you are running very old software in that case and I would recommend upgrading to software version 4.2 and then follow the steps.

Sounds like you are running very old software in that case and I would recommend upgrading to software version 4.2 and then follow the steps.
    3.x must be very old software. i will upgrade then. i am sure you all said somewhere one needs to upgrade. thanks.
    04GTO IBM/blue/M12/3.46
    show-MPD Scorpio hood,cutout/quadtips,06-tails/doorlock button,JHP gauges,Monaro ftrest/Sport wheel,Pioneer Avic,rt530,Grafxwerks, stgg'd 18" Thruxtons
    go-forged ls2 447, MAST 295 70cc, 11.68:1scr, ported FAST102/NW102, jegten cam/tune,Lunati,160 tstat,Cloyes, Decca 60#, Kooks SS/catless,JBA cb,Taylor bluewires,OTRCAI,NGK TR6,GMM R/S/TSS-oemknob,Brembos/BaerSS lines, blue AMW cc,SLP-skid plate/udp, Monster3,IngallsETD,Lovells,Hotchkis,RevShift,HPTu ners/PLX.

Still shrink wrap for the time being.
    Is it shipping with a hard case? Or has this been postponed?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by griffincox View Post
    Is it shipping with a hard case? Or has this been postponed?
    All new orders are shipping with the hard cases now.

All new orders are shipping with the hard cases now.
    Thanks Bill!