Thread: Adding a fuel pressure sensor to an E38 LS3

Adding a fuel pressure sensor to an E38 LS3

Does anyone know if its possible to add sensors through unused pins/channels in the E38 for data logging with HPT like can be done on the LS1 PCM through the unused EGR pins?

I'm looking to add fuel pressure and/or crankcase pressure to my datalogs.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Senior Tuner
    not sure i thought any fuel pressure was in the can bus data but not a actual pin input, i have a fuel pressure sensor im fitting to mine since im doing a big build now so i know 100% what its reading, i was just going to wire it to the mpvi and hpt Ngauge input for when laptop isnt in car, be good if there was a module for adding any analogue signals to the data stream as a pid kinda like some WB are now

My idea was to use a Series2 VE FPCM to feed the ECM fuel pressure data on the CANbus.
    I have the module and the sensor, I just haven't gotten around to trying it out to see if it would work.

-Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    not sure i thought any fuel pressure was in the can bus data but not a actual pin input, i have a fuel pressure sensor im fitting to mine since im doing a big build now so i know 100% what its reading, i was just going to wire it to the mpvi and hpt Ngauge input for when laptop isnt in car, be good if there was a module for adding any analogue signals to the data stream as a pid kinda like some WB are now
    I've got dual canbus widebands in it already, like them a lot.
    If I have to I can wire them in directly to my mpvi but it be a bit neater to wire them directly to the PCM.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.

Quote Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post
    My idea was to use a Series2 VE FPCM to feed the ECM fuel pressure data on the CANbus.
    I have the module and the sensor, I just haven't gotten around to trying it out to see if it would work.

-Greg
    Thanks, that's an idea I hadn't thought of that might be worth looking into.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post

-Greg
    It should work, FPCM only need, 12v, ignition, ground, and the bus line. you can ignore pump activator and pump wires.