Thread: Faster start up.

Advanced Tuner

Faster start up.

I'm looking for a little direction on how to get a faster start up while cranking. I thought maybe advance cranking timing but maybe it's more related to rail pressure? I've datalog start up and see stock is about 2* main timing but the actual start up seems like possibly closer related to rail pressure? I really like how quickly the truck fires with Robert Ivey tunes. Anybody willing to share info or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Stab in the dark.. first row of IPW prevents fuel from being injected until the pump builds pressure... maybe that would do the trick? IDK why you'd want the engine running sooner... it doesnt have oil pressure yet...
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

What?s your actual cranking time now? If you are looking for it to start as quick as an old mechanical 12v, it won?t happen.... but still should start pretty darn quick unless u have huge injectors or other major motor work done

Banned
    Different rail pressure and quantity tables are used during cranking

Advanced Tuner
    The truck starts fine. I was just curious if there was a way to get it to fire a little quicker like it does with CA tunes.