Thread: Installation Issue - and error

Tuner in Training

Installation Issue - and error

I am trying to install the RaceRender software for Windows 10.

When i go through the install, the following screen pops

race-install-error.jpg

After working through with Candive, we discovered the Antivirus software was causing this issue. If you run into this issue:
    1) Try running the executable as administrator
    2) If persists, disable your antivirus program, then run as administrator. After it installs, re-enable antivirus

Someone, please close this thread
    Last edited by furby076; 09-24-2018 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Added answer

For some reason the install is having problems creating the RaceRender folder in your Documents folder. Right click the RaceRender366-setup.exe and "run as administrator" to see if that solves the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Didn't work Tried as admin. I even created the folder in case that was the issue. Restarted computer.
    Last edited by furby076; 09-22-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Hi furby076,
    here are my four suggestions to try;
    1: Try installing the software on another computer as a test (if you have one available) .
    2: Download the executable file again (maybe it was corrupt) and rerun it.
    3: Download the zip file which is also located on the download page; extract its contents and run the executable.
    4: Send an email directly to HPtuners to obtain additional help.

Tuner in Training
    THanks. I tried one more thing - turning off my anti-virus scanner. The software installed

That's great!

I just use the antivirus that came with Windows 10 so the thought never occurred to me that it may be your anti-virus scanner. But in retrospect it makes sense. I learned something new today. Thanks the feedback and solution. Hopefully others with the same issue will read your post and solve their problem.

Tuner in Training
    Yup. Firm believer in helping others. I am going to edit original post to include the answer