Thread: atsv 2016 power enrichment?

Tuner

atsv 2016 power enrichment?

I was tuning a 2016 ATSV was able to fix throttle closing and oem power enrichment did not need to be altered.
    however looking at the tune how in the hell does power enrichment happen. looking at the tune it is not using the conventional stoich setting and dividing eq power enrichment for commanded afr. any idea in how these new turbo cars enable PE. how does it calculate wot commanded AFR

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    it should be doing just that. the description for the pe eq from a 2016 atsv file in the repository states thats exactly how it works. also thats the only way the numbers work out to correct afr values.
    if your commanded afr isn't what you want it to be then you need to inspect thresholds and other fueling modifiers to make sure nothing else is interfering with the target value.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    [QUOTE=cobaltssoverbooster;543902]it should be doing just that. the description for the pe eq from a 2016 atsv file in the repository states thats exactly how it works. also thats the only way the numbers work out to correct afr values.
    if your commanded afr isn't what you want it to be then you need to inspect thresholds and other fueling modifiers to make sure nothing else is interfering with the target value.[/QUOTE

thanks for the reply, Like I said atsv seems to not follow conventional power enrichment strategy. I am familiar with fueling modifiers interfering. I spent countless hours running 20 pis boost dealing with throttle closure. the atsv was the most frustrating car I ever tuned. done countless lt4 with whipples/oem blowers/prochargers and dealing with throttle/timing issues is fairly easy to me. This atsv strategy is different. anyone else done these. I purchased an 2016 ctsv as a test bed, what I should of done was get one of these atsv instead. if this is the new game for gm turbo cars to come, going to have many unhappy tuners.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    have a look at dynamic airflow high disable. interesting. tune shared is the stock tune
    Last edited by obd2; 09-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yeah they typically run the stock ecu in sd mode and use the maf for a default sensor and for iat reads to use in density calcs.

have you tried disabling the converter overtemp under the fuel temperature tab? exhaust temp is calculated and crap at best. typically it triggers and goes super fat. in a stock file case you posted 1.2 eq would be 12.2 if stoich was 14.68. so if your commanding closer to 13 and it triggers youll never get there.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    it should be doing just that. the description for the pe eq from a 2016 atsv file in the repository states thats exactly how it works. also thats the only way the numbers work out to correct afr values.
    if your commanded afr isn't what you want it to be then you need to inspect thresholds and other fueling modifiers to make sure nothing else is interfering with the target value.[/QUOTE

thanks for the reply, Like I said atsv seems to not follow conventional power enrichment strategy. I am familiar with fueling modifiers interfering. I spent countless hours running 20 pis boost dealing with throttle closure. the atsv was the most frustrating car I ever tuned. done countless lt4 with whipples/oem blowers/prochargers and dealing with throttle/timing issues is fairly easy to me. This atsv strategy is different. anyone else done these. I purchased an 2016 ctsv as a test bed, what I should of done was get one of these atsv instead. if this is the new game for gm turbo cars to come, going to have many unhappy tuners.
    I recommend taking a look at the following settings/tables:

2411 Power Enrich Enable RPM
    12419 Power Enrich Enable Pedal
    2405 Power Enrich Delay RPM

Good luck!
    Last edited by Tapout Tuning; 10-03-2018 at 06:17 AM.
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

What they said and Torque Management Driver Demand is a good area to improve throttle response.

Tuner
    These atsv are more finicky than any other lt4/lt1 The DD need to be fine tuned or throttle closure happen easily.