Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E92A Launch Control

Advanced Tuner

E92A Launch Control

Working with 2017 through 2019 Cadillac ATS-Vs. Launch Control always holds between 3,300 and 3,500 rpm regardless of how I set this table up.

Launch Control Table.png

Does anyone know how to manipulate this table to increase launch assist engine speed? Or is there a completely different table I haven't found yet?
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

that is launch assist for manual transmissions, not launch control. check your Cutoff/DFCO Tab under Fueling.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    that is launch assist for manual transmissions, not launch control. check your Cutoff/DFCO Tab under Fueling.
    Yes, I am trying to edit the Launch Control/Assist settings for cars with M6 transmissions. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout Tuning View Post
    Yes, I am trying to edit the Launch Control/Assist settings for cars with M6 transmissions. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
    regardless, launch assist and launch control not the same thing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    regardless, launch assist and launch control not the same thing.
    Now I understand why adjusting the Launch Assist table seem to have no effect on the Launch Control function. Appreciate you clearing that up for me.

Do you happen to have any idea how to edit the actual Launch Control settings within the E92A ECM? I have reviewed all the settings under Fueling > Cutoff/DFCO and don't see anything that appears to be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout Tuning View Post
    Now I understand why adjusting the Launch Assist table seem to have no effect on the Launch Control function. Appreciate you clearing that up for me.

Do you happen to have any idea how to edit the actual Launch Control settings within the E92A ECM? I have reviewed all the settings under Fueling > Cutoff/DFCO and don't see anything that appears to be related.
    you may need access to the bcm or ccm for it on these cars but you can try the neutral rev limiter as a substitute.

Tuner
    I have a 2016 Cts V that was recently tuned and now the launch control isn't working. I have looked it over and had another Respectable tuner look at it and neither one of us no what has been changed that would cause this. The new tuner thinks maybe the launch control is in the Bcm? The person the tuned the trans I can't get ahold of anymore. Any thoughts on what was changed? Ecm side, Tcm side?

Thanks Ryan

post the tune

Tuner
    Not sure how to do that. Hopefully this is how. Lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FastV; 01-17-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Just a thought, you could try and set the speed limiter source back to GMLAN from Calibration. I've heard of things like this before when other controllers take precedent over the ECM, but nobody seems to post the results ( that is if they do find the culprit). But it's a simple thing to try.

Tuner
    Thanks Kyle, I'll give that a try and see if launch control works again.

Tuner
    Just a thought, you could try and set the speed limiter source back to GMLAN from Calibration. I've heard of things like this before when other controllers take precedent over the ECM, but nobody seems to post the results ( that is if they do find the culprit). But it's a simple thing to try.

Well that didn't seem to fix it. Its seems to be on the Engine side of the tune as I put the stock tune in it and it had launch control. Put the modified tune back in it on the engine side only and bam launch control is gone.

Tuner
    Bump........Anyone have an Idea??? Would Disabling the wheel hop switch possibly cause this. IT is turned to Enabled from the factory, but in the Tune from the Tuner it is turned off. I also tried reenabling the Brake tq management tab and it made no difference. Still has no launch control... Its on the Ecm side of the tune..

can you upload the stock file as well, would make it way more easy to identify the changes made

Tuner
    I'm Going to attach a Stock CtsV tune for a 2016 from the tune repository. I don't actually have the stock Tune file from my car. The file that says Braden Leeb tune is the file that in the car now. Side note this car has been tuned by 2 different tuners. It was originally tuned by someone else in the beginning and that's when this started. Branden simply did the flex fuel tune for me and didn't mess with anything else. Not placing blame on either one of the tuners. I don't want to mention the name of the first tuner simply because I'm not trying to throw shade on him. I simply believe he didn't spend the time with the car the way he should. I mean he only spend an hour and a half tuning it only 3 pulls on the dyno and put someone else's tune in it to get things rolling while he was still in the middle of tuning someone else's car.

Also if you guys are curious to look and provide input on another matter. The file "aka bradenleebtune" shows the SOI was started way earlier than stock. This is a stock Lt4 camshaft. One of the other problems I having is severe black smoke when it isn't up to operating temp, when up to operating temp which is 178 it still smokes,but not near as bad. When the fuel smoke is present is doesn't seem to show as being rich at least with the wide band. This black smoke is way more pronounced with 93 and no ethanol, well 10% ethanol pump gas. I don't see much smoke when it has more than 30% E present no matter the coolant temp, although I have not had a chance to run the wide band on it with more than 10% E, so I can only speculate on that. My thoughts are though if the SOI is to soon which it seems to be in tuned file, then more fuel is going out the exhaust than it should, but since E85 needs more fuel to burn it doesn't show as much? I don't know, I'm mostly new to this and there is so much to be learned. Thoughts ladies and gents?

Ps. I'm attaching a run file from today. As soon as I leave idle and start to drive it shows a ton of black smoke out the back. So bad it looks like a diesel. Although the wide band and the o2's look normal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FastV; 11-15-2020 at 03:11 PM.

wrong SOI will cause smoke, but afr will be good, experienced that on a racecar we took the original ecu off and put a aftermarket in where SOI settings were a mess.

btw. i think the control method of rpm limiter is causing your LC not to work

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    btw. i think the control method of rpm limiter is causing your LC not to work
    Is there a table Id you can reference for me on the Rpm limiter? Are you referring to Predicted torque being disabled? Table Id #283?
    Last edited by FastV; 11-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.

yes 283

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    yes 283