Thread: Upshift issue at track 2012 Camaro

Potential Tuner

Upshift issue at track 2012 Camaro

I'm working on a customers 2012 Camaro A6. Bolt-ons, blower. 93 Octane. Car makes around 675 wheel, and runs consistent 11.30's at 122-124 mph.. I know the IAT's are high, this log was a hot lap. We just upgraded the heat exchanger, intercooler pump, fuel pump, and converted to E85. We added a little more boost, and a few degrees of timing. Testing it tomorrow. The car is up-shifting just before the finish line. Now that I look back at the log, it looks like it's shifting twice up to 6th and not up to 5th. The Rev limiter is 6900. The car is run in M but not manually shifted, I believe this is Pattern B. I haven't adjusted the TUTD tables.

The car shifts early and falls on it's face just before the finish line. 6:03:021 in the log it shifts (I know I forgot to log current gear) but that's the 4th to 5th shift. Immediately after that shift it falls on it's face, the finish line is where TPS falls back to zero. Is this the 4th to 5th AND converter lockup or is it actually shifting up to 6th? It looks like it's shifting up to 6th. I'm going to log tomorrow but I wanted to have some modifications ready for the first pass. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Tune and log attached.FILE2.hpt Log3.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Hard to tell if it's shifting to 5th or 6th, need to get a log displaying current gear, oncoming clutch. FYI your running out of fuel pump.

Potential Tuner
    Yep, we just upgraded the pump in it. I'm going to log gear and converter stuff tonight. It just got a Circle D triple in it, I'm going to experiment with locking the converter a bit too

Advanced Tuner
    Good, on the fuel system. Depending on the stall of the circle D you may have to lower your shift points so you don't run into the bump box. Supercharged motors don't like hitting the bump box, very hard on the belt.

Potential Tuner
    Figured I'd update this. Upgraded converter, put a fuel system in it, and some other things. The shift issue was the safety shifts in the shift scheduling tab. Bumped them up, now it obey's the shift points I set.