Thread: 2012 mustang 5.0

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb 2012 mustang 5.0

Iam making a tune for better fuel consumption and more power and ghost cam but still need some body to check it for me if its okay or need to modify any values , the car stock only catalyst deleted, my car working on 95 octane fuel .

***mustang gtcs 2012 hp tuned ( tuned file )
    ***mustang gtcs 2012 final stock ( stock file )
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have your file opened in front of me. This will sound different. Going off your file from what I remember the other day when I looked at your file, this is how your ghost can should be.

Your Fuel Econony Distance table. You have two of them in your VCT tab. The one I'm talking about has load on the left side of the table and and rpm on the top. You need to have a 1.0 on on the left side of your table where you had 0.0. Going across the top of the table. Starting from the left, 1.0, 1.0, 3.0, 3.0. 3.0, 3.0, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 0. I think I remember that, the 0's need to be the last two on the right.

Next, in your optimal stability and your emission reduction MAPPED POINT tables. Both of these tables are small with one column. Left side has, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Change all of the cell values to 1.0 in those 2 tables.

Changing those should get your ghost cam sounding and idling better. Those are temporary until I get to my laptop because I seen you posting a few times.

It's going to be hard getting good fuel economy with the idle consuming a lot more fuel. The optimum power spark table I posted for you in the other thread will get you the timing you want for your fuel.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I don't have your file opened in front of me. This will sound different. Going off your file from what I remember the other day when I looked at your file, this is how your ghost can should be.

Your Fuel Econony Distance table. You have two of them in your VCT tab. The one I'm talking about has load on the left side of the table and and rpm on the top. You need to have a 1.0 on on the left side of your table where you had 0.0. Going across the top of the table. Starting from the left, 1.0, 1.0, 3.0, 3.0. 3.0, 3.0, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 0. I think I remember that, the 0's need to be the last two on the right.

Next, in your optimal stability and your emission reduction MAPPED POINT tables. Both of these tables are small with one column. Left side has, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Change all of the cell values to 1.0 in those 2 tables.

Changing those should get your ghost cam sounding and idling better. Those are temporary until I get to my laptop because I seen you posting a few times.

It's going to be hard getting good fuel economy with the idle consuming a lot more fuel. The optimum power spark table I posted for you in the other thread will get you the timing you want for your fuel.
    Let me try to help since I haven't left for work yet... lol :
    I think this is what he wants you to do. This is his "hp tuned'' file... Confirm please Thatwhite5.0

EDIT: See updated image below
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 09-21-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Lol almost. But you see, having a 0 in your distance table will result in an idle blend between 10 and 0, which actually means a blend between 0, 10 and everything in between.

distance.JPG

There are more efficient ways than that. Fuel economy gets sacrificed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Lol almost. But you see, having a 0 in your distance table will result in an idle blend between 10 and 0, which actually means a blend between 0, 10 and everything in between.

distance.JPG

There are more efficient ways than that. Fuel economy gets sacrificed.
    Oops I missed that. I was literally pushing it to the last second before I had to leave for work to try and edit and post what you wanted him to do... Thanks for catching it lol.

On the same topic: I've created my ghost cam using MP12. It idled and ran great for the most part but still had some issues to be ironed out: When I would give it WOT from a dead, it had a lot of hesitation-it was a dog off the line!! If I revved it in neutral the RPMS would DIP to 450-500 rpm but it never came close to stalling. Your suggestions here @ .15 load might be what is needed for the 'Dip' problem...!!

EDIT: What I'm really thinking here though is, My car always uses Optimal Stability when decelerating so is there a way to make it use the Best Fuel Economy table only? O.S. Temp vs RPM so it would be better to control it all by load I would think!.. Finally, Cold Zero's Optimal Stability distance table axi' are so weird!! 0.0 0.2 0.4 0.6 0.6 0.6???
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 09-21-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I want mine to transition like this once it gets to idle lol (@ 30 sec mark) Mustang GT cammed tune

Listen to that it has a clear quick transition. Any suggestions?

Tuner in Training

thanks brothers

hello guys accually i write the tune before i see what written here so after writing the car unable to turn on dunno where is the problem , so my teacher blame because from my first tune i am changing in most of table so i am deleting this tune and i am fast and simple one , the changes i do :
    1- speedo : VSS vs ETC speed opened from 233 to 400
    2- final drive ratio it was 3.15 I am modify it to 3.73 because as i know my car California special original so in original the pinion came 3.73 so dunno if that okay to change it from 3.15 to 3.73 . note i am not checking if its 3.73 or 3.15 but i know its came from agency 3.73 .
    3-in fan speed only on temp 100C it was 40% i make it 50% ( fan speed vs ECT)
    4-sensor (P0605) disabled .
    5-idle RMP ( under P/N from 650 to 950 ), ( under drive RPM from 600 to 900).
    6-under RPM ( Drive (ECT) adding 50 points to all table ).
    7-under fuel/power enrich/throttle/fuel enrichment pedal(from 90 to 91 adding one point)
    8-power enrichment (WOT lambdatill RPM 5500 make it 0.90 from above 5500 make it 0.85 )
    9-cutoff : fuel cutoff from 7000 to 7200/neutral cutoff from 7000 to 7200)
    10-under spark/advance:adding 1 point on bordline and MBT optimum tables ).
    that all what i chane i told you before i am still need some practice so sorry brother if i am make any noise but i take 1 month vacation from my work to learn every thing in this period .
    i want general info just general answers to same it as note for me :
    * how to know high timing.
    *if i want to increase horse power what i should modify to add more horse power .
    *if i want to make better fuel consumption what i should modify.
    *for the ghost cam what i should mainly modify.
    *to enable cutoff in neutral and in gear what i should modify.
    ******Note i want these info as stock cars working on 91 or 95 octane .
    what happen to me in previous tuning that the i take tune from him he was modify on flex fuel and in our countries there is no any flex fuel only gas 91 and 95 octane in our countries.
    if some came to me add air filters bigger and turbo or super charger or bigger throttle what we should modify in general no need for details.

thanks brothers .
    All my respect and appreciation (L) .

here the stock and my tune attached and please if you can make the ghost cam tune on my stock file to what i should modify thanks bro's.
    mustang gtcs 2012 final stock.hptmytunemustang gtcs 2012 final stock.hpt

Tuner in Training

my final tune get good result

my final tune get very good result 456 hp on stock car 95 octane
    i will post the tune for all to get benefit and i will post the data log .
    and any advice i will be thankful

add these to your channels

vehicle speed
    engine coolant temp
    ambient temp
    mannifold absolute pressure
    barometric pressure
    mass airflow sensor
    mass airflow sensor period
    short and long fuel trims
    wb eqratio bank 1 2
    catalyst temp
    timing advance
    knock retard
    spark source
    all the map point weights
    mbt spark
    torque source
    ipc wheel torque error
    driver demand limit source
    calculated engine load
    throttle angle
    desired throttle angle

fuel consumption dont go together with ghost cams and more power.

Tuner in Training
    yes bro for my car i want ghost cam and more power but some customers need to minimize fuel consumption,
    I am testing my car yesterday and today review the data log so i found a little bit knock retard and lean in AFR .

Your lean because your pe is set to 91. Lower that 91 to a 60

Tuner in Training
    from agency its come 90 now i make it 92 hahaha but not only lean and also knock retard , in lean i should increase or decrease ? mmmm my car stock only catalyst filters deleted and fuel octane 95

Increasing wont help. You need to decrease it

Tuner in Training

hey bro

bro this is your instruction to get ghost cam , but that instruction it was on previous tuned file which was wrong tuning totally wrong so please bro can check if that numbers can be applied on my new tuning ?!
    actually previous tuning it was like copy and past ! but the new one my personal tune file here i am enable the cutoff and add more power, every thing perfect but still need the ghost cam here in this tune file i am apply your instruction but still not write on my mustang i am afraid because we change mapped table from 10's to 1's and another mapped table from 0's to 1's so still afraid to write , need your advice first just take a look to my tune fine and advice me .
    Note: now i am using iridium sport sparks more powerful than motorcraft more firing more advance timing .