Thread: 5th gen Camaro ghost cam?

Potential Tuner

5th gen Camaro ghost cam?

So my buddy has a v6 he wants to do the "ghost cam" tune on.
    Never messed with anything like that before what do i change?
    Just the idle and spark areas or do i need fo cange up cam angles?
    He said its just got an intake and muffler
    16 SS A8
    Quicksilver Detailing

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    adjust cam phasing in the idle range to increase overlap and then you will have to re-calibrate the fuel tables to correct the fuel error that comes as a result to changing the airflow characteristics at idle.
    i recommend only changing the settings for park and neutral if possible. let drive have oem characteristics so you dont get weird issues like converter surge.
    you can also lower the rpm to increase the effect but dont go too low.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    adjust cam phasing in the idle range to increase overlap and then you will have to re-calibrate the fuel tables to correct the fuel error that comes as a result to changing the airflow characteristics at idle.
    i recommend only changing the settings for park and neutral if possible. let drive have oem characteristics so you dont get weird issues like converter surge.
    you can also lower the rpm to increase the effect but dont go too low.
    Thanks!

Did you get the tune done? I am working on getting the courage up to try it my self.

Potential Tuner
    Anybody else have any insight on how to accomplish this. Trying to set this up for my brother in law but can't get it to work properly. I adjust the cam angle tables at idle, which kinda works but with any kind of moderate adjustments it just seems to cancel itself out and go back to 0. I was also a little disappointed in the limited number of adjustments available for this ECM. Not even any idle airflow table. Is it just me??