Thread: Understanding Idle STFT

Tuner in Training

Understanding Idle STFT

I am new to tuning so please forgive my stupid questions.

I am trying to get my Vette setup for E85 so I put 80lb (@43psi) injecotrs in it and I am trying to make sure my idle is ok. I also have hinson poly trans motor mounts so I want the idle at 700 because it resonates less in the cabin.

Car is 2006 Corvette base LS2, stock cam and motor, rear mount twin turbo, FPR off the bleed screw on the factory rail, 80lb injectors, twin walbro 450s, any other info need to help answer my question?

All that said...when I scan I am seeing the desired RPM as 696 not 700. Please help me understand why. I have googled and searched around and can not find the answer. It idles really close to 700 the whole time.

Also, the STFT trim climb to about 12% at first then drop to hoover around 0% after a while. I can see a correlation between IAT and STFT, but I can not figure out what is affecting it.

Rev 11 Idle.hpl
    ATR_2006 Vette_TT_2bar_COS_Rev 11.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Anybody? I think the STFT is just me VE off after the new injectors. Adjusted VE table after next log and the STFT trim got better.

Still can not figure out how the desired RPM is calculated.

Under Fuel--General--IVT Terms--that should be one half, not double--3.96 instead of 15. PE Enable is at 15kpa, try using 85kpa on a blower car.
    Are you sure the Minimum injector pulse is correct for those injectors?
    Dang, it is idling right on the money. It's never going to be a steady 700. It will always vary a few rpm up and down.
    If you check your IAT spark table, it is pulling timing at idle. You might want to modify that so it is not pulling timing so early.
    I think the fuel trims just have to level out from startup. Open scanner--go to special functions--clear fuel trims, then start it and see if that is what it is. Make the IVT Terms correction before you do any more tuning because you will have to do it over.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 09-24-2018 at 06:25 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    This is one of things I wouldnt worry myself with (the desired showing vs your commanded values). You're idling at 706 (average) at 40 kPa. Pretty good IMO.

Are you logging FTC? Is purge on early on?