Thread: How to read NGC3 Pcm to read both ECM + TCM?

Tuner in Training

Question How to read NGC3 Pcm to read both ECM + TCM?

Hello, I just got my MVPI 1 Pro and I am trying to backup my 2005 NGC3 automatic PCM. I can connect to it fine, but I am only given one option, to read the ECM only. When I select "read entire" it only reads the ECM and does not read the TCM. Is there some setting I am missing? I want to create a true entire backup of both ECM and TCM. (Sorry if this has been asked before. I didn't see a thread that was about this) Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    I see you found the forums.

Tuner in Training
    Yes �� I hope someone can offer some guidance. ��

Advanced Tuner
    So do I.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, I figured it out by myself. :P I am using a homemade bench cable to read the PCM. My assumption was that since I could write the TCM through the single main connector, I could read it using the single connector too. That still may be the case, but now I know that when plugging the PCM into the car, I can read the TCM as well as the ECM. So problem solved. There must be a wire that indicates to the MVPI that there is a trans present.

So, now I need to figure out which wire that is so I can complete my bench cable setup without having to run out to the car. I am guessing it is one of the the "TRS" pin of the green trans connector that needs to sense voltage? Maybe it is not voltage but rather ground. Anyone know to save me some time? I am going through the schematics trying to figure it out.
    Last edited by Rockhound; 09-24-2018 at 08:55 AM.