Thread: E67 oil temp - 09 cts-v -40?

Advanced Tuner

E67 oil temp - 09 cts-v -40?

Hey guys this is sort of a dumb and quick question.

first log tonight in my 09 cts-v and I notice the oil temp is -40

Do I have a bad sensor /wire

Or is the oil temp just calculated on the 09 cts-v ?

Thanks

I believe it's a calculated value.

I don't recall there being any real oil temp sensor on those engines from the factory. Been wrong before but never seen one before.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Should be in the side of the oil pan. LSA/LS9 with e67 have a level/temp sensor.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Are the E38's different?

I know they did away with any level sensor on the GMT-900 platforms.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    i have the Australian HSV with e38 that have the oil temp gauge in dash and it is actual reading, should be able to tell by what u are logging one pid is actual and other says calc,

Does Anyone know if a Pin can be added to the E67 and additional sensor so it does show actual Oil Temp? You can choose between Sense ECU and Cal ECU under the oil temp config drop down tab.. So id assume it is possible

Oil temp signal goes only to the IPC, even on models with a combo level/temp sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Oil temp signal goes only to the IPC, even on models with a combo level/temp sensor.
    dang, So no way to log with HPT by just running a wire to the ECU from a added Sensor and have HPT log it. I have a LS3 crate/T56 Mag in a 95 Nissan roadrace car, and would like to add some temps to log so I can review once I get off the track. I have an aftermarket gauge, but would be nice to watch the log after.

You know if I can add Trans Temp? From what ive read its C2 Pin 65 on the E67.

This is '09 Corvette - this is a combo diagram for both E38 & E67, note the engine RPOs call out which part is for which

corvette.png

BUT. XLR-V is E67 also, and it does have the oil temp input at the ECM, not the IPC. No guarantees that a non-XLR OS will be even look at that pin though.

xlr-v.png xlr-v 2.png